INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

phd2 guider settings

• Thank you received: 94

phd2 guider settings was created by alacant

Hi everyone
What should I enter for 'Guider'? I've a zwo120 which works fine with the internal guider. I fear that connecting in ekos and then again in phd2 is probably wrong, so leave it blank?

Thanks to Jasem and the devs for such a wonderful piece of engineering.
Cheers and clear skies,
Steve
5 years 9 months ago #27061
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
You need to select ZWO Camera there and all will work fine. By selecting that camera you can select INDI Driver in PHD and then INDI and PHD will communicate during guiding.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alacant
5 years 9 months ago #27062

Replied by alacant on topic phd2 guider settings

Thanks but whilst I have the internal guider working fine with the same rig, I couldn't workout the sequence of events to get PHD2
to guide.
I got both the indi zwo and the indi eqmod drivers connected in PHD2 when I clicked connect in ekos.
I slewed to the intersection of the equator and the meridian and hit guide. It chose a star and went to calibrate.

But what to do where and what is the correct sequence of event fails me. I'm usd to PHD2 stand alone in windows with qmod and the zwo driver. With indi, it seems to be a different procedure.

Any help most gratefully received. If there's a step by step guide anywhere that would be great. Try as I may, I can't find much on ekos-phd2.
TIA,
Steve
5 years 9 months ago #27089
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic phd2 guider settings

You can trigger guiding from within EKOS when connected this way, it should calibrate and everything.
5 years 9 months ago #27137

• Thank you received: 812

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic phd2 guider settings

If you want to use PHD2 for guiding with Ekos, you can choose to have the camera connected to KStars and use it with INDI, or you can connect the guide camera directly to PHD2 if you prefer. In my opinion, connecting directly to PHD2 will give better results because it takes some of the network communications out of the way. You are correct that in the Ekos profile, you select PHD2 as the guide method. Selecting the camera is completely optional. In fact what I do is I have a profile set up in Kstars with no guide camera selected and PHD2 set as the guide method. PHD2 will still send all the guide information back to KStars regardless of whether its an INDI camera or not.

Probably before you start up INDI in Ekos, you should make sure that PHD2 is turned on and connected to the guide camera. Even better, if you already have a profile set up in PHD2 with your indi mount or st4 pulses through the camera selected, KStars will start it all up automatically. All you need to do at that point is hit guide after it connects. If you did not have PHD2 started up when you started INDI in KStars, that is fine too as long as you then click the connect button in the guide module.

I should note that as to the settings in PHD2, I have my camera set up as the guide camera, I am using the ST4 output as the guiding method, and I have set the "aux mount" to my INDI mount in KStars.

Thanks,

Rob
The following user(s) said Thank You: alacant
5 years 9 months ago #27138

Replied by alacant on topic phd2 guider settings

Thanks Rob
Is this correct if I use the non ekos route?
- I do not specify guide camera in the ekos profile
- I specify phd2 as the guide type
- In the phd2 profile, I select ZWO camera (rather than indi camera)
If I then connect, will ekos still send dither commands to phd2?

TIA and fr your patience,
Steve
5 years 9 months ago #27145

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds