INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

atik EEFW2 doesn't spin

• Thank you received: 2
i have connected all of my gear atik383l+, sx lodestar, mount, atik efw2. The proble that i face is that when i select a filter for my filter wheel the carousel will not spin to the selected filter. When the wheel powers up the carousel spins in order to initialize but then nothing happens. i have set it at the profile from the drop down menu, i have named the filter slots and saved the configuration but nothing happens. At the filter wheel tab when i select the filter position the wheel may sometimes spin and other times not. I changed the usb slot where i have the wheel and reinstalled the drivers but nothing happens. help please
HEQ5 Pro Rowan Belt Mod, GSO RC8'', SW ED80, Atik 383L+, Atik EFW2, Atik OAG, SX Lodestar, ZWO ASI 120MC
5 years 7 months ago #28137

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by kostas on topic atik EEFW2 doesn't spin

scratch that, when i connect the wheel directly at on of the pi's ports then the wheel works noemally, when i put it at the usb hub then it doesn't spin and ekos shows that it has 13 filter positions instead of 9
HEQ5 Pro Rowan Belt Mod, GSO RC8'', SW ED80, Atik 383L+, Atik EFW2, Atik OAG, SX Lodestar, ZWO ASI 120MC
5 years 7 months ago #28139

• Thank you received: 174
Hub is probably underpowered. Peter
5 years 7 months ago #28142

Replied by kostas on topic atik EEFW2 doesn't spin

i checked with another powered hub i have and i have the same result. The only way i can make the whell spin is if the wheel is connected directly at one of the pi's usb ports (the wheel has its own power supply). I would like to know if anyone uses the startech usb hubs, i've read that they are quite good for external enviroments
5 years 7 months ago #28148

Time to create page: 0.711 seconds