Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jul 2018
Glad to announce of release of INDI Library v1.7.4 on 2018-07-25. A few drivers were added in this release as we continue to improve & stabilize existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Strange crashes - new

Strange crashes - new 2 months 1 week ago #28286

• PK
  • PK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
I have had no major issues for a while but this weekend I upgraded to KStars 2.9.7 on my new Macbook Air and noticed a new problem.
Everything works great, and even a sequence of images starts without a problem.

But when I let the computer idle while exposures are being taken, an issue develops slowly. At about 1 minute in, the spinning flower/timer starts to sputter as it is spinning. If I do nothing, the system seems to be fine for a while but after the exposure is done it locks up and must be force quit. Oddly, if I tap anywhere on the screen when I see the sputtering, it will fix itself and continue well for another minute. If I wait too long, as soon as I tap on the screen it locks up immediately. I have that small window of time to stop the crash, from about 1 minute to 2 minutes into an exposure.

I did this all night, after two reboots, and it is consistent. I thought it must be related to the computer trying to sleep, or conserve power, or screen save. But I turned all of those features off and it is still a problem. I will try again later this week and see if I can get a good log of the freeze up. I will also try using my MacBook Pro which has the previus version of KSTARS. I will test that, install the latwest KSTARS and try again to see if the issue appears there too.

Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Strange crashes - new 2 months 1 week ago #28287

When this happens, can you check Memory/CPU usage and see if there is anything out of the ordinary?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica