Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jul 2018
Glad to announce of release of INDI Library v1.7.4 on 2018-07-25. A few drivers were added in this release as we continue to improve & stabilize existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Installing pyindi-client on ubuntu raspberry pi

Installing pyindi-client on ubuntu raspberry pi 2 months 1 week ago #28488

This might be an easily answerable question, but it's really got me stumped. I'm redownloading pyindi-client following www.indilib.org/develop/indi-python-bindings.html . At
--> pip3 install --user --install-option="--prefix=" pyindi-client

I get an error:
arm-linux-genueabihf-gcc -pthread -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -g -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fPIC -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/libindi -I/usr/include/python3.5m -c indiclientpython_wrap.cpp -o build/temp.linux-armv7l-3.5/indiclientpython_wrap.o -std=c++11

cc1plus: warning: command line option '-Wstrict-prototypes' is valid for C/ObjC but not for C++

creating build/lib.linux-armv7l-3.5

arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -pthread -shared -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-s,relro -g -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 build/temp.linux-armv7l-3.5/indiclientpython_wrap.o /usr/lib/libindiclient.a -lz -lcfitsio -lnova -o build/lib.linux-armv7l-3.5/_PyIndi.cpython-35m-arm-linux-gnueabihf.so

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

error: command 'arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++' failed with exit status 1

I'm not sure what's going on, because last time I went through the process it went without a hitch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Lagreeni.

Installing pyindi-client on ubuntu raspberry pi 2 months 5 days ago #28582

I figured it out. It was a permissions issue that I solved by running:
sudo chmod 777 /home/user/.cache/pip
and
sudo chmod 777 /home/user/.cache/pip/*
I'm not sure why this was causing the issue, especially since I also tried downloading pyindi-client from pypi.org/project/pyindi-client/#description where I don't remember using pip and it was also causing the same issue. Again, probably something really stupid, but I guess atleast it's working now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Lagreeni.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica