INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ASI1600MM Pro failing to save more than one image

• Thank you received: 155
On the NanoPC T4 I have been unable to get my ASI1600MM Pro to save more than one file in a sequence. After the failure, it then no longer allows me to even capture single images until I turn off the camera and restart INDI. Log attached.

PS: I have had zero problems on the RaspPi / Stellarmate with this camera

File Attachment:

File Name: log_17-53-01.txt
File Size:194 KB
5 years 7 months ago #28925
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301
Difficult to tell. As you mentioned, first capture uploads at the end of the exposure, and subsequent captures fail after roughly 40s. But what happens at the end of the log when the CCD disconnects, SX camera name corrupted, is weird. I don't know ZWO, but shouldn't you be using a second asi driver if you have to ZWO instead of indi_sx_ccd? If you don't have two ZWO, then the SX driver is taking control of your ZWO, instead of your SX, and that is causing quite a funny mess :)

-Eric
5 years 7 months ago #28928

I have the Lodestar II guidecam, which is why I have the Sx driver load. I will connect it and see if the makes a difference.
5 years 7 months ago #28929

Ok, here's what I tried:
I replaced the ASI1600MM with my Lodestar II. EKOS worked perfectly, showng me it is the ASI1600MM that is the issue.
Then I put the ASI1600MM back, but set everything else to simulators. Again it failed after two exposures.
Then I put all accessories back on, downloaded the ASI driver again and rebooted. This time it failed on the first exposure attempt, but then worked on the second exposure attempt. Then it failed after that every time. Log attached.

File Attachment:

File Name: log_21-58-17.txt
File Size:141 KB

Peter
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Peter Kennett.
5 years 7 months ago #28930
Attachments:

I suggest you create a profile with the ASI alone, test that with only the ASI connected and provide the log. Then you create a profile with both ASI and Lodestar, test that with only the ASI connected and provide the log. Then finally, run the same test with the ASI and Lodestar connected and provide the log. We will see what step is showing the issue, and thus which driver is causing the issue.

-Eric
5 years 7 months ago #28931

Well it works perfectly alongdide my Lodestar on the RaspPi. Also I get the same error when I set the profile to just load the simulator drivers for the guider and mount without the lodestar. It’s not the lodestar.
5 years 7 months ago #28932

Agreed, but you're not on the pi now, and my point is that the indi_sx_ccd driver might be causing issues, not the Lodestar itself.

EDIT : your test with simulators seems to be equivalent though. You have logs for this?

-Eric
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Eric.
5 years 7 months ago #28935

I set a new profile with only the ASI1600mm. No change. :(
Log attached.

File Attachment:

File Name: log_10-20-33.txt
File Size:32 KB

I do see an audio file error - is it possible is a problem?

Peter
5 years 7 months ago #28937
Attachments:

This sums up the problem. And the audio error is unrelated.

From there, well, we can perhaps check the architecture for which the driver is built ("file <driver>") but I assume the support request should go to the vendor... :/

-Eric
5 years 7 months ago #28938

I found a solution. I had to switch back to a USB2 cable and connect to a regular USB2 port instead of the USB3 port on the NanoPC.
I have no idea why USB3 doesn't work, since the ASI1600MM Pro is USB3.
At least the camera is usable now.
5 years 7 months ago #28949

• Thank you received: 174
Try to reduce USB bandwidth and/or to turn off high speed mode in the control panel. Don't forget to save configuration.

I don't know how it is called in INDI, but it should be something similar to attached INDIGO screenshot.

Peter
5 years 7 months ago #28952
Attachments:

Ok, I tried three different cables, and every combination of USB bandwidth settings wit and without the HighSpeedMode setting. No matter what, the USB3 port on the NanoPC T4 fails when saving files from the ASI1600MM onto the SD card after two or three files. But the USB port works great with a USB3 hard drive attached and gets appropriate write speeds, so I know the port works correctly. I wonder if the SD card write speed is the bottleneck that causes the camera to fail when saving images.
When I connect a USB2 cable to the NanoPC, the same ASI1600MM works great. On this computer, I am getting a white speed of 4.5 seconds to save a 32 MB image to he SD card from the ASI camera. Much faster then the Raspberry Pi, so I will just keep it configured this way, as I only do long deep sky imaging, so it is not a huge issue.
5 years 7 months ago #29015

Time to create page: 0.294 seconds