INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

FYI - Windows running Synscan,Android Phone running Sky Safari,

• Thank you received: 74
FYI - just did a test running a set up as follows :-

Windows Vista running Synscan App Pro v1.9 and CDC using Ascom SW Mobile Ascom driver

Android phone running Sky Safari v5 connected to Windows Vista Synscan App pro

Fedora 28 running Kstars and IndiLib Synscan connected to Windows Vista Synscan App Pro via 11885 UDP

An ESP286 connected to a SW AZGOTO providing Wireless connection to Windows Vista Synscan App pro using UDP 11880 - in effect emulating SW Wifi adapter

All worked I was able to do GOTO's from CDC or Sky Safari or Kstars and the mount moved and ALL the Planetarium software involved followed the Scope

If only SW would bring out the App on Linux - I have asked them if they might - dont hold your breathe - this would be my ultimate aim as the SWAZ Indi driver just isn't hacking it and looks like no development is being done - I cant haven't the skill set :-)

Does any one know of a good open Android Mini box thats rooted to allow me to connect to it via a vnc viewer to start the SW Synscan App - might use that as an option.

Dont expect its anyone else's "cup of tea" but FYI (For your Information) - Clear Skies :-)
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
5 years 7 months ago #29289

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 24
I guess you could test my INDI fork for az gti. It connects with Udp 11880
5 years 7 months ago #29298

quick reply from SW
"
Yes, we do plan to provide a Linux version once our tool (RAD Studio) support Linux and we finish the development for Mac.

It might be available in the middle of next year.

Regards

SynScan App Team"

if it comes that would be good news :-)
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
5 years 7 months ago #29315

so long as it doesn't "screw up" (tech term :-) ) my test set up I would do that what would I have to do to just update the items you have changed ?
Let us know and I will give it a go.
Note ! I dont use a SW Wireless Adapter so not a true reflection as it can run in AP or client mode my ESP runs in client mode only .

5 years 7 months ago #29316

Just did a est with Wine on Fedora 28 running Synscan App Pro 1.10 (windows version) and same hardware as above thread. Not only does Synscan App load and run but I was able to connect SynScan App Pro to my AZGOTO and connect IndiLib Synscan driver to SynScan App Pro AND drive the SWAZGOTO. Not a massively deep est bu it did work and speed was excellent on my Desktop - will it be as good on boards such as RPI (will it run as this is Arm ????) and my Aaeon Core (which is at least Intel x86/64)

If this works well then there is no reason,IMO, to have any other Indi Driver(e.g. SWALTAZ) but Synscan to run SW AZ mounts - i did say IMO :-)

Plus you get the benfit of being to connect Ascom devices to the mount via SW Mobile Ascom driver if required LOL

See screen print :-)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tarun
5 years 7 months ago #29328
Attachments:

More Testing this time using serial com port in Synscan App Pro - ok it fails no surprise there as its built for Windows (com not USB0 on Linux).

However using my old friend SER2NET I am able to redirect UDP 11880 to /dev/ttyUSB0 and it works a dream - just slight mods to ser2net.conf file to use "kickoffolduser=true" and the line to control UDP 11880 ---> /dev/ttyUSB0

So there you have it you can even use the a RPI with a USB Adapter (mine was FDTI) or (I am guessing cos I dont have one) a SW WiFi Adapter or mostly any of the WiFi enabled AZGOTO mounts. Even a EQ mount would work if you preferred the Synscan Indi driver to EQMOD.

Clear Skies !

5 years 7 months ago #29338

This is interesting . Thank for you testing . So i run the synscan pro windows app via wine i should be able to connect to wifi?
5 years 7 months ago #29344

ok app works fine on wine, but how does indi connect to this app on wine?
5 years 7 months ago #29346

192.68.4.2 and 11882 TCP was able to connect to synscan driver, but does not respond to mount commands from ekos.
5 years 7 months ago #29347

ok first off has the Synscan App connected to your Wifi mount and is your mount running in Client mode (my tests were all in client mode so Wifi Adapter (or my esp826) got its IP from router and is on the same network as the Linux box where Synscan App is running (and Ekos).

first you must connect Synscan App via UDP to the Mounts IP address you will have to switch off find device (try that later) and use "Fixed IP" address in Synscan App. Then press "Connect" on the Synscan App - if it works it will ask you EQ/AZ depending on the mount (mine is AZGOTO so doesn't ask) .

Once the Synscan App is connected to the mount

Start Kstars/Ekos on the same box that is running Synscan App (for now you can get braver later :-) ) In your profile you should set the address as 127.0.0.1 and the port as 11882 and TCP - this will point to the Synscan App and should connect if all is well.

if the Synscan App cannot connect to the mount ther is little point doing he Kstars/Ekos/Indi bit as there is a problem - check SElinux permissions,firewall etc . Can you ping ok the Mount from the Linux box. If you have Wireshark are messages being sent from the App to the mount and is anything coming back ?
As I say I dont have an SW Wireless adapter but both my ESP286 and RPI Zero W work so dont see why SW own software won't LOL

5 years 7 months ago #29353

Managed to get Windows Synscan App Pro working on Ubuntu 16.04 on my UP Core 2gb/32gb board. Indi/Ekos connects and is able o drive the mount no problem using my ESP826 box (acts as client listens on UDP 11880 connected to my house router network). Runs ok but DO NOT TRY and minimise the screen it locks the Ubuntu OS up (still runs but very Slooooooooooooow. If you dont minimise the speed is remarkably good. Didn't connect camera yet so may be slower. I will also try the Ser2net route to see how that performs. One think to noe you must use Wine-staging (mine used version 3.4) follow this install procedure (Ubuntu ) wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu

Hope that helps someone :-)

5 years 7 months ago #29425

Ok I tried the USB adapter route by using Ser2net UDP - so Wine Win Synscan App Pro loads and uses the UDP connection to 127.0.0.1 port 11880 - the 11880 has been set up in ser2net to redirect all data to USB Adapter (and visa server). This connects no problem so long as the /dev/ttyUSB0 permissions are correct and ser2net is run via SUDO (unless you start as a service).

Once this is connected to the mount you can then connect / start Indi synscan using ethernet TCP 127.0.0.1 port 11882 - the mount should be now conneced.

As per other details you cannot minimise the wine screen ( a bit of a pain) you just have to move out down o he bottom of the screen so you can see Kstars.

It works just need a field trial now. It short No physical Handset needed to run Indi Synscan so less wires and all running in one box (in my case a UP Core)

Clear skies

5 years 7 months ago #29444

Time to create page: 0.865 seconds