INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How to set a custom initial position instead of north pole INDI

• Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone! I'm really new to INDI. I'm doing a thesis project in university, and i really need knowing how to set an initial custom position in INDI. I'm using KStars to see the pointing position of the telescope. What i need is a custom initial point when i run INDI driver and server. I tried parking position, but in the simulation it starts always looking at north pole instead of the parked position previously set. :( Sorry if this is not the right place to ask. Thank you for your time, people!
5 years 6 months ago #29457

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

This depends on the mount driver itself. For Telescope Simulator, select at point in the sky, right click, then select "Slew to and park". Then this point would be your "initial" position next time you startup.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fede
5 years 6 months ago #29459

Yes, right, i'm using EQMod telescope! I tried what you said, but closing and running again the server, enabling simulation and then reconnecting gave me the same result: the red point in KStars is always at the north point :(
5 years 6 months ago #29460

Oh, ok, nada! I tryed parking before closing everything, and... it worked! I can't believe that was so easy. The only thing i missed was the parking before closing. Thank you so much. Really.
5 years 6 months ago #29461

And is there a way to change it without setting parking position? i mean, in this way i need to run at last one time indi to change the initial pos. Is there a way to change it directly through code or similar? I made few scripts that works with INDI, but i don't know.
5 years 6 months ago #29463

Without absolute encoders, the mount must assume some startup "home" position is for folks in the northern hemisphere would be looking due north with weights down. So parking is the only way to "sync" the position since parking position is saved to file. You can use indi_setprop and indi_getprop or any other INDI client to control the parking data, it's just a property that you can read and set.
5 years 6 months ago #29487

Time to create page: 0.572 seconds