INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[SOLVED] Strange behavior of skymap position of the mount.

• Thank you received: 19
Hi there!

My problem is a loittle difficult to explain because of my not so good english.
At the moment i use KStars for controlling my mount, goto and platesolving.
I still use my mgen for dithering, guiding and taking photos.
So far most of the time all is good, but i saw that after a night of shooting, when i go out to switch the whole thing of in the morning,
the cam is still working on my desired object, but the postiion of the mount ON THE SKYMAP in kstars is way apart from where it should be.
Has someone an idea?

cheers
Niki
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
5 years 6 months ago #30182

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Niki! Please edit your signature and add your mount, camera, INDI/Ekos versions..etc so it would be easier to answer your questions in the future.
5 years 6 months ago #30185

Hi!

I´d love to, but eather i can not find the right place to do so, or there is an error saying "Class only available on Joomla 1.6"

sorry...
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
5 years 6 months ago #30189

• Thank you received: 301
My opinion is that this is because neither Ekos nor KStars are aware that the corrections the MGen applies to the mount through the ST4 port do keep the target centered. The mount model, which is "sent" to the mount to build the relation between the coordinates and the gear positions with sync points, progressively gets wrong.

-Eric
5 years 6 months ago #30193

Sounds plausible. But the postitions are WAYS away from each other. I mean like the distance from Andromeda to the plejades, really far...
5 years 6 months ago #30198

• Thank you received: 301
I assume this couldn't be related to a very wrong polar alignment? That would be easy to spot I think.
Is it the RA that shifts or the DEC? Or both?

-Eric
5 years 6 months ago #30213

I‘ll give a total reset a try.

There are more strange things happening at the moment. First this difference between starmap real position.
Then i have problems with the calibration of my mgen, only in dec axis.
And the goto does not work accurate anymore.

To me it seems that the dec axis of my eq6-r has a problem... maybe only with the weights, or something worse. I don‘t hope so..,

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
5 years 6 months ago #30215

Checked Polar-Alignment last night, which was perfect. Then i changed the position of my counterweights, for this was the easiest thing to try. The problems with calibration of the guider and the goto were gone. What stays is the wrong skymap position, and another fault that, i think, is related to that.
Took pictures of california nebula the half night, and then wanted to change position to orion. No Response of the mount. clicked on orion-->eqmond-->tracking an nothing happens. No fault, just nothing. I have to say that on the skymap, the mount position was far away from califonia nebula.
Then i parked the mount, which it immideatly did, and then went for orion--> solving --> second try --> perfect.
Its not a problem with the position for me atm, just wanted to find out if someone has an idea.
Next time when the moon comes in, i will try to use a guiding cam and go for a bright object to find out if the mount position will get lost too. Then we know, what the problem is.

cheers
Niki
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
5 years 6 months ago #30233

Time to create page: 0.506 seconds