INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[SOLVED] weird problem setting image size for Sony a7S

• Thank you received: 57
I am trying to set up my Sony a7S for use in INDI/KStars/Ekos.

Wonderful that it connects at all! And I get a perfectly reasonable configuration panel in INDI Control Panel for the device.

In the INDI Control Panel I have set the frame width and height to 4240 x 2832 (please see screenshot attached). I have saved this configuration.

But in the Ekos camera window, I can only set three digits for the height (please see other screenshot attached). No matter what I type in the "H" box, only three digits get kept. Therefore my images are coming out very short and wide.

I tried completely deleting this profile and building it again from scratch, but I can still only type 3 digits in the H box.

How can I correctly set the height value for this camera?
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Scott Denning.
5 years 6 months ago #30229
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
The camera specs need to be set in the Image Info tab of the INDI Control Panel, not in the Image Settings tab.

HTH, Wouter
5 years 6 months ago #30234

Wouter, thank you very much!

As you suggested, I set the camera specs in the Image Info Tab and sure enough, they were transferred to the Image Settings tab. (screenshots attached).

Oddly, the camera panel in Ekos still thinks the camera is 4240x832. The dialog box allows me to set this, but never to any value GREATER THAN 832.

Even more oddly, I can take images and they properly use the whole chip (4240x2832), so maybe it doesn't matter.

Is this a bug?

Thanks again!
Scott
5 years 6 months ago #30244
Attachments:

Hmmmm try to open ~/.local/share/kstars/userdb.sqlite in an SQLite editor, there is a table called DSLR... check the data there, is the height correct? If not, try to correct it.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
5 years 6 months ago #30252

Thank you Jasem -- that fixed it.

As I said, I was able to take images of the correct size anyway, so this appears to be only a UI issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
5 years 6 months ago #30258

Time to create page: 0.514 seconds