INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problem with Moonlite Driver (Update"_____"- Timeout Error)

• Thank you received: 9
Having issues with the Moonlite Focuser on one MacBook Pro and iEQ 45 Pro Driver on another MacBook Pro. The Moonlite focuser Indi log constantly gave me two errors over and over. One was for the Temperature Update and one was for the Position Update. These weren't the only two but they were to two constant ones. The focuser was barley responsive. It only seemed to move every other 5 sec. or so or whenever it wanted to. So I tried another MacBook Pro and it seemed to work without any errors or issues but then after about 1 hour the mount driver (iEQ45 Pro) kept failing. Ekos thought the mount quite tracking but the mount controller confirm that it was in fact tracking but Ekos wasn't able to move the mount except for a few fractions of a second. I only have the log for the Moonlite issue, sorry. But I suspect the issue is similar for both problems perhaps.

File Attachment:

File Name: log_13-42-00.txt.zip
File Size:4 KB

its a Moonlite high-res stepper motor with the mini controller V2. Never had an issue with the mount driver ever before but for some reason last night was the night for issues. Any help or ideas is appreciated. I've tried changing USB cables, plugging directly into the computer from the focuser controller, changing USB hubs. Reinstalling Ekos/Kstars. Any help or ideas are appreciated! - Wesley
5 years 6 months ago #30292
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Another culprit for this kind of behavior is power issues. Are you sure everything is receiving proper power?
5 years 6 months ago #30294

Thanks for the response! Everything is connected into one power strip. Focuser, Mount, Camera, Dew heater, Computer. I did notice that the dew heater was cycling off and on so maybe that was a culprit with the mount issues but I just tested the focuser without any else plugged in and I'm still having the same exact issue.
5 years 6 months ago #30296

You instaledl PL2303 drivers for MacOS? Looks like it's connect to this port:
/dev/cu.usbserial-AH03MM8H

Are there other ports shown in the connections tab?
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
5 years 6 months ago #30298

The focuser connects to /dev/cu.usbserial-AH03MM8H
I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with the PL2303. Looks like theres two other system ports I finds but it connects to /dev/cu.usbserial-AH03MM8H
5 years 6 months ago #30301
Attachments:

Did you try /dev/cu.usbserial ?

From the logs, it can hardly communicate at all. I'm assuming there is only one USB-Serial device connected to Mac now? The PL2303 drivers for MacOS can be downloaded here
5 years 6 months ago #30302

I have PL2303 installed now but still no change in behavior. It won't connect on any other ports besides /dev/cu.usbserial-AH03MM8H
5 years 6 months ago #30307

In this case, I would try to check with any other software to see if it is software or hardware or communicate issue. If you have an RPI3 nearby, I'd try with that first. Or test with the official software from Moonlite.
5 years 6 months ago #30310

It works just fine on my newer computer so it must be a difference between the two computers for some reason. Maybe USB port?
5 years 6 months ago #30341

Time to create page: 0.676 seconds