INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

guiding: via guider or mount?

• Thank you received: 809
Hmm that pattern in the guide drift plot looks interesting. Mine usually looks like a random circular distribution with a concentration in the center and just a few points outside the green circle. It looks like yours is preferentially favoring certain directions. That diagonal spike is most interesting.
5 years 5 months ago #30604

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301
@maxer I got this type of error when I mistakenly used a maximum correction pulse length that was larger than the exposure duration.
Besides, guiding exposure of 0.5s is in my opinion far too short: unless you have very clear skies, you'll be "chasing the seeing", which is doomed by statistics.

-Eric
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Eric.
5 years 5 months ago #30606

• Thank you received: 46
@TallFurryMan, I have to check that but I don't think I have maximum correction pulses also will try what difference 1 second exposure will make..

Yes, it's interesting, I think it has to do with the WARNING messages I get, and maybe they come from changing direction in Dec ? but it's unclear.
Next time I'm at my obsy I'll check if the guidecam is a bit rotated and therefore the pattern looks tilted..
5 years 5 months ago #30638

Time to create page: 0.441 seconds