INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

tracking / polar alignment bad

• Thank you received: 19
Good point, i remeber guiding started immideatly after flip without calibrating. I´ll have a try tonight.
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
5 years 6 months ago #30561

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 223

There was no wind that night at all.
Nice video, I heard so many good things about the belt mod. I'm going to get it now and install it in December.

When I slew the mount, it sounds like a bag of nuts.
5 years 6 months ago #30570

• Thank you received: 66

Replied by Greg on topic tracking / polar alignment bad

Haha! Or a coffee grinder! Thanks for watching the video. Good luck!
5 years 6 months ago #30591

• Thank you received: 66

Replied by Greg on topic tracking / polar alignment bad

When you guys have these guiding problems, can you check if your mount is moving smoothly? Does it make any noises? I was hearing clicks every 2 second like it was hitting something solid. I figured it was my mount but maybe it was some weird behaviour like back and forth movement from the guiding. Maybe the clicks were the backlash being taken up. Anyway, its worth checking that mechanically things are ok.
5 years 6 months ago #30628

• Thank you received: 19
In my case i yesterday kept an eye on balancing the whole setup out again, and then the guiding ran smooth until the meridian flip.
Then errors began to come in and the mount was pointing downwards a bit... Something did not work when flippin automatic..
Unfortunately i found that there was no log file written, have to check why. Maybe i set up something wrong in the logfile setup...
I´ll have another go today i think.

Nevertheless, guiding was good
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
5 years 6 months ago #30637

• Thank you received: 223
Right, comes December I will install the belt mod and redo the polar alignment... my guiding is awful !!!!

5 years 5 months ago #30747
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 226
I also recommend the belt mod. I have very good guiding results with it. The belts eliminate nearly all backlash and most modes of periodic error.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greg
5 years 5 months ago #30851

Time to create page: 0.527 seconds