INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Guiding suspended

• Thank you received: 19

Guiding suspended was created by fmozza

Under what conditions would guiding be suspended? I'm using PHD: I have never set any parameters to having guiding suspended in PHD2, EKOS or INDI panels, yet, tonight when I initiated an image sequence, guiding is suspended and I can't see any place to resume guiding. There is nothing in the guiding tab to restart - stopping guiding and starting it again does nothing - it tells me there is a session underway, and won't restart guiding. I have to restart PHD2 to get back to some sane place again.

jmh
5 years 5 months ago #30538

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by steve bradley on topic Guiding suspended

Is it possible you are exceeding the guiding deviation value? That would suspend guiding.
5 years 5 months ago #30539

• Thank you received: 87

Replied by nMAC on topic Guiding suspended

It also happens on the focus module, some days ago I had autofocus with "guiding suspend" option, in the middle of the session, after the focusing, the guiding was not resumed and had to shut everything off and restart.
5 years 5 months ago #30551

• Thank you received: 301

Replied by Eric on topic Re:Guiding suspended

On one hand, there is still an issue in the PHD2 interface that I haven't tackled yet. That's the reason for the messages stating there is already a guiding running when there is none. From my observations, Scheduler should be able to overcome that.

On the other hand, suspending guiding in the focus module is really only for guiders using the same optical path as the imager, so that they are not disturbed by the focus procedure. On parallel guiders, this option can be disabled.

Do you have a limit on the guiding deviation set in the Capture module when running the sequence plan? Do you see warnings in its console?

-Eric
5 years 5 months ago #30554

• Thank you received: 87

Replied by nMAC on topic Re:Guiding suspended

Didn't know about that! Anyway my focus routine is much sharper and stable with that option enabled and a parallel guider. Go figure!
Now it's disabled because of the stated problem. It pauses and never resume.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by nMAC.
5 years 5 months ago #30555

Replied by fmozza on topic Guiding suspended

Yes, but only if I checked the box in the imaging tab (it wasn't checked, and the value was non-zero, so perhaps its a bug where the check has no impact...) I was imaging in winds gusting to 60km, not really to image, but to test some stuff.

But there is no way to resume other than starting over. Other commenters indicate this is a known issue with PHD2, so it looks like there are two problems:

1. Can't resume guiding use PHD2.
2. Can't turn off the process that checks if guiding is out of bounds - the work around I suppose is to use a very large value.
5 years 5 months ago #30565

Replied by fmozza on topic Re:Guiding suspended

I do have a limit, but it is unchecked. I presume that if the check box is not checked, the actual check would not occur, regardless of the value. Is that correct?

jmh
5 years 5 months ago #30567

• Thank you received: 301

Replied by Eric on topic Re:RE: Re:Guiding suspended

Correct. If it was you would get the relevant warning in the console.

-Eric
5 years 5 months ago #30575

Replied by fmozza on topic Re:RE: Re:Guiding suspended

So then there is a bug - the checkbox was not checked, and the guiding was suspended. No warning other than the message to say guiding was suspended. And of course there is the bug that we can't resume after it has been suspended (without having to restart PHD2).
5 years 5 months ago #30576

Time to create page: 0.991 seconds