INDI Library v1.7.6 Released. (27 Feb 2019)

First release of 2019 comes with quite a few new drivers across the board along with significant performance improvements to INDI camera and live streaming performance. Many drivers received significant updates to improve performance & stability, while a few were re-written from scratch to be in line with INDI standards. Here are some of the highlights:

Possible qhy9 cooling control bug

• Thank you received: 12

Possible qhy9 cooling control bug was created by fmozza

I've built the latest nightly version of indi on my RPi, and am experiencing problems with cooling control. If someone else has got a QHY9 and could test with the latest bits, that would be great just to validate if its my camera (which was giving me connection issues a few weeks back) or if its in software somewhere.

I've attached the indi log file if someone wants to take a look. Essentially, it looks like the control is intermittent and overshoots and undershoots the target temp, and may not be reading the chip temperature correctly.

If it is indeed a bug, I'll open a ticket.

Thanks,

jmh

File Attachment:

File Name: indi.zip
File Size:48 KB
4 months 2 weeks ago #31399
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 177

Replied by wvreeven on topic Possible qhy9 cooling control bug

I haven't checked the cooling of the chip with my QHY9 and the latest driver and will do so tonight. So far I have only checked if the filter wheel works and it does with this driver. To be continued!
Modded Canon EOS 700D with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcherHEQ5-Pro

ASI1600MM-C CCD and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R
The following user(s) said Thank You: fmozza
4 months 2 weeks ago #31412
  • Thank you received: 12

Replied by fmozza on topic Possible qhy9 cooling control bug

wvreeven wrote: I haven't checked the cooling of the chip with my QHY9 and the latest driver and will do so tonight. So far I have only checked if the filter wheel works and it does with this driver. To be continued!

Let's move this to the QHY 4.0.1 driver discussion thread.
4 months 2 weeks ago #31427
  • Thank you received: 177

Replied by wvreeven on topic Possible qhy9 cooling control bug

OK
Modded Canon EOS 700D with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcherHEQ5-Pro

ASI1600MM-C CCD and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R
4 months 2 weeks ago #31432
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by vladutzalex on topic Possible qhy9 cooling control bug

I can confirm this is still happening. Using driver 2.1, latest build (2.1~201812201223~ubuntu16.04.1)
2 months 2 weeks ago #33272
Time to create page: 0.509 seconds