INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Drivers dont load saved and/or default parameters at startup

• Thank you received: 0
I've been using several indi drivers, and noted that some of them don't load saved parameters on startup.

I wrote a small python program that run just after drivers startup to "click" the LOAD button. After this, everything works ok.

I believe there's other drivers with this same situation, but at the moment I identified this 3:

- indi_vantage_weather.py
- indi_watcher_weather.py
- indi_wiringpi_gpio.py

I could not locate in code "when" the driver load the saved or default configuration.

Thanks,
Mastria
5 years 4 months ago #31692

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 140
Yes you are correct none of the drivers I use will save settings and load at start up, even with the correct setting in ekos checked...I have asked about this, but as yet not heard anything...
5 years 4 months ago #31702

Not all drivers have settings to save/load. It depends on the driver. Vantage driver for example doesn't have any settings that it saves for itself (there might be other settings outside the driver specific functions).

AstroNerd, what driver not loading values?
5 years 4 months ago #31708

EQMOD
SX
And GPS drivers...
5 years 4 months ago #31712

• Thank you received: 0
The Vantage driver have parameters that can be configured. I saved the configuration and restarted the server, and none of them was loaded. After I clicked on button "Load", my configured parameters are loaded correctly:

I don't have a GPS dongle, so I setted location data. These data aren't loaded automaticly, only after click:

This other tab are very important! The default parameters need to be changed. For example, when "forecast" is 1 it's not a "lock" condition to me, but my rolloff-root don't let me unpark (weather warning). It should warning only when condition is 3 (in my situation):

Below, the status with default parameters, and the status after a clicke "Load" button.

By the way, I copied the Vantage_config.xml to Vantage_config.xml.default, so, they are equals with my configured parameters. None of them are loaded automatically.

Siimilar situations occurs with other drivers. As these settings are saved on driver's xml file, I don't undertood when you said "Vantage driver for example doesn't have any settings that it saves for itself". I'm wrong expecting this? So I realy need to use my python script to load the correct configuration? It's not a real problem to me, but the "general" users will not have the expertise to write code to just "click" the load button.

If you need I can verify this situation on others drivers. At the moment, I'm using 16 drivers, when possible I'll check all of them:

indi_armadillo_focus
indi_astrometry
indi_atik_ccd
indi_ieq_telescope
indi_ioptronv3_telescope
indi_meta_weather
indi_qhy_ccd
indi_rtlsdr_detector
indi_script_dome
indi_sx_wheel
indi_v4l2_ccd
indi_vantage_weather
indi_watchdog
indi_watcher_weather
indi_webcam_ccd
indi_wiringpi_gpio

Thanks,
Mastria.
5 years 4 months ago #31714
Attachments:

Exactly, I have no idea how to write code, but most of mine will open saved data if I hit the “load” button, but you should not have to do this in my opinion...as it should save and load automatically if the option is checked in Ekos...
5 years 4 months ago #31720

Settings --> Configure --> Ekos --> General. Load Device Configuration is set to "On Connection"? Also, I would check the permission of the files under ~/.indi, they should all belong to the current user.
sudo chown -R $USER:$USER ~/.indi
5 years 4 months ago #31722

Yep, all the above done, but still does not load on start up..have to click load manually.. :)
5 years 4 months ago #31724

Time to create page: 0.734 seconds