INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

polar alignment

• Thank you received: 0

polar alignment was created by Vikram

I have a CEM60 and Orion SSAG connected to INDI and using PHD2 guiding, when I start polar alignment - the mount goes below the horizon even though the polaris is within the FOV on my home position. What is going on?
5 years 4 months ago #31752

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic polar alignment

logs? is the mount already aligned (star aligned)?
5 years 4 months ago #31753

Replied by Vikram on topic polar alignment

Hi Knro,

unfortunately I hadn't enabled the logs, I will try to do it tonight ( if weather permits) and send it over.

Here is what I had done leading up to the problem:

I manually made sure my mount is polar aligned and then after starting INDI/KSTARS, I unpack the telescope and then try to track it - but I got multiple problems in fact:

1. when I try to select a star and then slew, the crosshair doesn't stay there it keeps coming back to original position no matter what I do and I am unable to slew.

2. in the meantime, the INDI connection to mount keeps crashing often and I will have to reset

3. I decided to polar align since I was not able to slew anywhere and then encountered the problem of mount going all the way to below the horizon to a point where the mount cannot move any more and it stalls.

I know you will definitely need logs to figure this out, I will try to get that out when the next opportunity presents itself. in the meantime if you could provide me some tips, I can try it out at my next outing.

Thanks and appreciate your time.
5 years 4 months ago #31773

Hi Jasem,

I finally got an opportunity to collect logs for this issue. As I mentioned before, I am not able to slew the mount to any target from Kstars. It doesn't seem to do anything. Please take a look at the logs and let me know is you could find anything.

Appreciate any help,

Thanks
5 years 3 months ago #32177
Attachments:

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic polar alignment

Thanks for the log. There is a problem on the MacOS version, I asked Robert to see if he can find out why it's behaving this way.
5 years 3 months ago #32182

Thanks Jasem. Looking forward to a resolution and appreciate your time on this.
5 years 3 months ago #32195

Time to create page: 0.608 seconds