Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
14 Nov 2018
Glad to announce of release of INDI Library v1.7.5 on 2018-11-14. A few drivers were added in this release as we continue to improve & stabilize existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Stellarmate update leaving an unusable setup

Stellarmate update leaving an unusable setup 1 week 3 days ago #32119

I thought the only way to upgrade SM was by downloading the new image and flashing to SD card, you can’t actully upgrade SM itself via terminal...only the software on it...
That’s what Jasem told me anyway...!,
Last Edit: by AstroNerd.
The topic has been locked.

Stellarmate update leaving an unusable setup 1 week 3 days ago #32121

Yes, that's what I meant, updating the software on the device (new indi-lib, etc.). Stellarmate is allowing only 10 downloads, so it won't be the best way to upgrade through that. Also, you would loose all configuration if you flash the card every time (what I now loose as well if I don't get it back to work).

P.S.: https://indilib.org/forum/general/3525-stellarmate-won-t-update.html#26971this post states something different...
Last Edit: by rkarpa01.

Stellarmate update leaving an unusable setup 1 week 3 days ago #32122

Yes I realise you will loose all settings..
I have use SM for a while now and downloaded and installed a few new versions of SM and never had an issue with any of them, also when I get a full working version and have it just as I like I then take an image of that card (save it) and burn to another SD card as a clone back up so any issues just swap the card....

I always use the dedicated software updated built into SM for updating all software, not done at terminal...not sure what you mean my only allowing 10....?.

Stellarmate update leaving an unusable setup 1 week 3 days ago #32125

Yes, that's my fault, I did not take an image copy...

The built-in update is the same as doing it via terminal, difference is that you can choose which parts you want to update. Now I know better, yes...

In the email I received after purchase of stellarmate it states:

SM-101
StellarMate OS
Download Info:
  • Download Limit: 10
  • Download Ends: Unlimited

So, you are allowed to download 10 times.
Last Edit: by rkarpa01.

Stellarmate update leaving an unusable setup 1 week 3 days ago #32127

I have no idea what that is...I never got that..I have downloaded more than 10 times I think...
I would ask Jasem what that means...

Stellarmate update leaving an unusable setup 1 week 3 days ago #32128

rkarpa01 wrote: Yes, that's my fault, I did not take an image copy...

The built-in update is the same as doing it via terminal, difference is that you can choose which parts you want to update. Now I know better, yes...

SM-101
StellarMate OS
Download Info:

Ralf, we just released v1.3.1 a few days ago, so if you cannot download this from StellarMate website just open a support ticket and you will get a link. We add a FAQ item here: www.stellarmate.com/support/faq.html?view=faq&faqid=30 to indicate that upgrades are not recommended since they can break the system. Just use the regular software updates you receive.
Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

Stellarmate update leaving an unusable setup 1 week 3 days ago #32129

The download limit info is on your order page on the Stellarmate site. Assuming you purchased Stellarmate OS, look at the bottom of your order page under "Download Info."

Stellarmate update leaving an unusable setup 1 week 3 days ago #32131

Removed post as I was incorrect... :)

Stellarmate update leaving an unusable setup 1 week 3 days ago #32132

knro wrote:

rkarpa01 wrote: Yes, that's my fault, I did not take an image copy...

SM-101
StellarMate OS
Download Info:

Ralf, we just released v1.3.1 a few days ago, so if you cannot download this from StellarMate website just open a support ticket and you will get a link. We add a FAQ item here: www.stellarmate.com/support/faq.html?view=faq&faqid=30 to indicate that upgrades are not recommended since they can break the system. Just use the regular software updates you receive.

Jasem - if I am updating kstars/ekos with nightly builds and I am running the Software Updater in Stellarmate OS, do I still need to move to the v1.3.1 build? Or is my way of updating things giving me the latest and greatest?

Stellarmate update leaving an unusable setup 1 week 3 days ago #32138

Using the software updater that just updates all the software on the SM, but not the SM operating system itself...but if it ain’t broke.....you know the rest...

Stellarmate update leaving an unusable setup 1 week 3 days ago #32139

Yeah agreed. But I would like to understand what's new in the new release. I can't find any release notes. Do they exist?

Stellarmate update leaving an unusable setup 1 week 3 days ago #32141

The release notes are in the product page itself. Basically, there is an uncommon error from improper shutdown of the unit that can lead to bootup issues. If you don't have this problem, you don't need v1.3.1
The following user(s) said Thank You: starman345, sbradley07
Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica