INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Stellarmate update leaving an unusable setup

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I had a working setup of stellarmate running but wanted to upgrade as the alignment process on ym SynScan always failed. I issued the command

sudo apt-get -y dist-upgrade

from command line and the upgrade went through, getting back to the prompt. After some time, I rebooted the device and it did not go down completely (was still visible on the network), so after some time, I pulled the plug. I tried to restart the device but it does not boot anymore (connected an HDMI device to see what happens, but there is nothing showing up at all).

Any ideas? I am close to give up on stellarmate...

Ralf.
5 years 4 months ago #32118
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 140
I thought the only way to upgrade SM was by downloading the new image and flashing to SD card, you can’t actully upgrade SM itself via terminal...only the software on it...
That’s what Jasem told me anyway...!,
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by AstroNerd.
5 years 4 months ago #32119
Yes, that's what I meant, updating the software on the device (new indi-lib, etc.). Stellarmate is allowing only 10 downloads, so it won't be the best way to upgrade through that. Also, you would loose all configuration if you flash the card every time (what I now loose as well if I don't get it back to work).

P.S.: indilib.org/forum/general/3525-stellarma...pdate.html#26971this post states something different...
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Ralf Karpa.
5 years 4 months ago #32121
Yes I realise you will loose all settings..
I have use SM for a while now and downloaded and installed a few new versions of SM and never had an issue with any of them, also when I get a full working version and have it just as I like I then take an image of that card (save it) and burn to another SD card as a clone back up so any issues just swap the card....

I always use the dedicated software updated built into SM for updating all software, not done at terminal...not sure what you mean my only allowing 10....?.
5 years 4 months ago #32122
Yes, that's my fault, I did not take an image copy...

The built-in update is the same as doing it via terminal, difference is that you can choose which parts you want to update. Now I know better, yes...

In the email I received after purchase of stellarmate it states:

SM-101
StellarMate OS
Download Info:
  • Download Limit: 10
  • Download Ends: Unlimited

So, you are allowed to download 10 times.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Ralf Karpa.
5 years 4 months ago #32125
I have no idea what that is...I never got that..I have downloaded more than 10 times I think...
I would ask Jasem what that means...
5 years 4 months ago #32127

Ralf, we just released v1.3.1 a few days ago, so if you cannot download this from StellarMate website just open a support ticket and you will get a link. We add a FAQ item here: www.stellarmate.com/support/faq.html?view=faq&faqid=30 to indicate that upgrades are not recommended since they can break the system. Just use the regular software updates you receive.
5 years 4 months ago #32128
  • Thank you received: 10
The download limit info is on your order page on the Stellarmate site. Assuming you purchased Stellarmate OS, look at the bottom of your order page under "Download Info."
5 years 4 months ago #32129
Removed post as I was incorrect... :)
5 years 4 months ago #32131

Jasem - if I am updating kstars/ekos with nightly builds and I am running the Software Updater in Stellarmate OS, do I still need to move to the v1.3.1 build? Or is my way of updating things giving me the latest and greatest?
5 years 4 months ago #32132
Using the software updater that just updates all the software on the SM, but not the SM operating system itself...but if it ain’t broke.....you know the rest...
5 years 4 months ago #32138
Yeah agreed. But I would like to understand what's new in the new release. I can't find any release notes. Do they exist?
5 years 4 months ago #32139
Time to create page: 0.522 seconds