Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
14 Nov 2018
Glad to announce of release of INDI Library v1.7.5 on 2018-11-14. A few drivers were added in this release as we continue to improve & stabilize existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Autostart indi with drivers connected to control with SkySafari

Autostart indi with drivers connected to control with SkySafari 1 week 3 days ago #32191

Hello!

I have a working RPI indi running. Using VNC to connect to the PI and Kstars to start and connect the drivers everything works fine. I also can connect from other machines SkySafari to control the scope.
But I would like to run the PI autonomous. So I can just power it on and connect with SkySafari remotely. No need for imagers etc.
I have the indi web manager running. but it seems it does not connect the drivers. Screenshot is after reboot.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Autostart indi with drivers connected to control with SkySafari 1 week 1 day ago #32284

So INDI Web manager just "Starts" the driver.. it doesn't connect them. I think we should add a checkbox for that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jerry

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

Autostart indi with drivers connected to control with SkySafari 1 week 10 hours ago #32321

• jerry
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
That would be excellent! I had asked about this in an earlier thread, but ended up still needing to use vnc/Kstars to get things running. With that I believe this would be a replacement for hardware like SkyFi. Only remaining issue is powering off the RPI when finished using the unit. With nothing running other than the skysafari driver (and the specific scope driver and dummy camera simulator) how resilient is the system to just unplugging it?

10" Meade SCT on Celestron CGEM DX HC: GEM 5.29.7137 MC: 6.50 6.50,
QHY-5L-II-M 1280x960 3.75um guiding, Nikon D800 7360 x 4912, 4.88 um imaging.
StellarMate OS v1.2.9 on RPI3B+ kstars-bleeding KStars 2.9.8

Autostart indi with drivers connected to control with SkySafari 1 week 7 hours ago #32326

Ok I just pushed a change to enable that on Github. I asked Juan also to make it available under pip after some testing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jerry

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica