INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Autostart indi with drivers connected to control with SkySafari

• Thank you received: 0
Hello!

I have a working RPI indi running. Using VNC to connect to the PI and Kstars to start and connect the drivers everything works fine. I also can connect from other machines SkySafari to control the scope.
But I would like to run the PI autonomous. So I can just power it on and connect with SkySafari remotely. No need for imagers etc.
I have the indi web manager running. but it seems it does not connect the drivers. Screenshot is after reboot.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris
5 years 4 months ago #32191
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

So INDI Web manager just "Starts" the driver.. it doesn't connect them. I think we should add a checkbox for that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerry Black
5 years 4 months ago #32284

• Thank you received: 69
That would be excellent! I had asked about this in an earlier thread, but ended up still needing to use vnc/Kstars to get things running. With that I believe this would be a replacement for hardware like SkyFi. Only remaining issue is powering off the RPI when finished using the unit. With nothing running other than the skysafari driver (and the specific scope driver and dummy camera simulator) how resilient is the system to just unplugging it?
5 years 4 months ago #32321

Ok I just pushed a change to enable that on Github. I asked Juan also to make it available under pip after some testing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerry Black
5 years 4 months ago #32326

• Thank you received: 50
Resilient? Not at all - the microSD card would likely be corrupted and you would need to make a new image.
5 years 2 months ago #34034

Time to create page: 0.841 seconds