INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

DBus Error when downloading astrometry.net index files

• Thank you received: 2
Hi,

I am having problems downloading the index files for local astrometry.net plate solving. After the download is complete, an error complaining about the backend of D-Bus (see the screenshot attached) popped up and then the index file remains unchecked (i.e. the file is downloaded but then the error prevented it from being added to KStars).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Jon
5 years 3 months ago #32206
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 140
I think the Astrometry.net site is down hence the error...
5 years 3 months ago #32219

• Thank you received: 2
Eventually I mitigated the problem by downloading the files manually from data.astrometry.net.

So, just for further reference if anyone encounters the same problem, here is the procedure to download the index files manually.

1. Use a FOV calculator (or ask Ekos to solve an image using ONLINE astrometry.net) to determine your FOV.

2. Once the FOV is determined, the automatic downloader in Ekos will tell you which index files are required and recommended for your setup.

3a. Go to data.astrometry.net/4100/ and data.astrometry.net/4200/ to download the required/recommended files. Make sure these are moved to /usr/share/astrometry (sudo may be required if doing this via command line). OR

3b. Visit www.stellarmate.com/support/ekos/align.html and download all the corresponding.deb files which are associated with the index files desired. After that, install them in one go with the following command:
sudo dpkg -i astrometry-data-*.deb

Cheers,
Jonathan
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Jonathan Chui.
5 years 3 months ago #32244

Time to create page: 0.464 seconds