INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Missing timestamp in FITS Header

• Thank you received: 104
This is the date the Indi source code was modified, I have no idea about Kstars release for the Mac.
Maybe it can be good that Indi can be updated independently of Kstars also on the Mac.

I don't know of a batch editor for the fits header, generally I only need to read them. Using a generic batch editor like sed is probably too dangerous for the file integrity.

Patrick
5 years 3 months ago #32589

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809

It can be installed separately on the mac, but it is a bit of a pain to do so due to all the dependencies. But yes,we have left that option in place. I posted a 3.0.0 beta mac version about 1 - 2 weeks ago, didnt you post in the other forum that you downloaded that Niki? It has a fully up to date INDI in it.
5 years 3 months ago #32590

Pixinsight has the ability to batch edit fits headers. Did you try something like this?

pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?topic=9721.0
5 years 3 months ago #32591

• Thank you received: 165
I had this same issue with comet align earlier in the autumn with 21P so I adapted the script from that PI link to modify date-obs field, rename it to .js extension and edit the paths accordingly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the.cakemaker
5 years 3 months ago #32593
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 19

Hey. Thanx for that but unfortunately i have absolutely no idea how to use this script.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
5 years 3 months ago #32596

Tried yeah. The problem is, that i was indeed able to replace the timestamp, but not MODIFY it, so that only the z is gone. And i DO need the right timestamp, because its essential for the comet-alignment script...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
5 years 3 months ago #32597

I’m not sure I understand the issue? Zulu time is UTC. Removing the z should be all you need to do?
5 years 3 months ago #32599

Exactly! Only the z is disturbing the script. But since it is part of the whole line i didn´t figure out yet, how to erase that part.
What i CAN do is erase or add a whole line, but not just modify.

If you know how, please tell me.

I´m sorry that my knowledge about stuff going to be kind of "coding", at least for me, is bringing me to my limits...

i´d like to test this "script" jpaana mentioned, but i do not even know where to fit that in or how to use it.

Not even talking about understandig what its doing...
5 years 3 months ago #32601

• Thank you received: 133
For changing the Z you could use sed. But make a backup of the files first. Then do
sed -i -e  "s/Z' /'  /"  *.fits
5 years 3 months ago #32603

- download the script
- edit these lines at the top of the file:
var inputDirectory = "K:/cache/PI/21P/2018-09-07/registered/";
var outputDirectory = "K:/cache/PI/21P/2018-09-07/registered/repl/";
to match where your subs are and where you want the "fixed" subs to be. They can't be the same directory and I think the output directory must already exist, not sure.

- if you have fits files instead of already registered xisf files, change xisf to fits on this line:
for ( let D = searchDirectory( inputDirectory + "*.xisf", false/*recursive*/ ), i = 0; i < D.length; ++i )
- rename it to strip_date_obs.js
- in PI go to SCRIPT menu and select "Execute Script File..." and select this script file, fixed subs should now start appearing in the output directory, double check them before replacing the originals :)
5 years 3 months ago #32605

OK i will try all you wrote. BUT

#1 is "download the script"

OK, call me an Idiot but WHERE can i find that? i see no link nowhere...

Sorry
5 years 3 months ago #32606

It was attached to my first message, I think the direct link is www.indilib.org/media/kunena/attachments...7/strip_date_obs.txt
5 years 3 months ago #32607

Time to create page: 0.974 seconds