INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

About to give up this hobby or setup...

• Thank you received: 0
When you guys say ditch the QHY5 is this the old one that Orion has a rebranded version as Orion Starshoot? or are you refereeing to all QHY5 such as QHY5-II
5 years 3 months ago #32802

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 223
I am talking about the old QHY5 mono ccd as this one:
5 years 3 months ago #32804
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 0
Yes I have the same one in black, it keeps failing. It will work and the give a CCDSingleFrameError the newer QHY is more stable. I also found that the windows driver for the old QHY5 as above is also a pain, as it requires several drivers and still it doesn't get picked up in PHD2.
5 years 3 months ago #32805

• Thank you received: 17
Not a QHY5, but the ASI120 is pretty similar function I think. I have been fighting with a (usb2) mm and a mc to be able to always produce images without any garbage images once in a while. This is for an all-sky camera. Never got it working 100%.
On a happier note, I got the ASI224mc 6 months ago, and it works as it should so it has replaced the 120mc. It is also not much more expensive than the 120. So a recommendation for the asi224mc using indi and a RPI.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Derek
5 years 3 months ago #32813

• Thank you received: 76
Yes I also had a bad experience with an ASI120MM (early usb2 model). Updating its firmware didnt help. I heard a rumour its actually a hardware issue and the usb3 models are much better. I did manage to get my ASI120 working as an all sky camera, not using INDI but some python and a native lib.
5 years 3 months ago #32816

• Thank you received: 420
See the other thread opened by Gonzo, asking for recommendations. My ASI120MC-S (USB3 version) has never failed me. I started with an ASI120MC (USB2 version) as well and never got it to work even with the firmware update.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Derek
5 years 3 months ago #32818

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic About to give up this hobby or setup...

Still relevant?
2 years 7 months ago #74047

Time to create page: 2.836 seconds