INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDIGO controls the 2meter RC telescope at NAO Rozhen (Bulgaria)

• Thank you received: 23
I am glad to announce that INDIGO (www.indigo-astronomy.org) is fully in to the professional astronomy. After the Andor driver now we have ASCOL driver (the protocol used to control several 1 and 2 meter telescopes modernized by ProjectSoft). Now our 2m RC equipped with two Andor iKonL and one Andor Newton can be controlled with INDIGO. Please see some attached screenshots and picture of the Telescope :)

yours,
Rumen

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Peter Polakovic, Thomas Stibor, Oliver, Rolf Meyerhoff
5 years 2 months ago #33038

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 174
Nice, thank you Rumen! Now we need linux client working with GUI hints attributes to manage all these properties :) Peter
5 years 2 months ago #33039

5 years 2 months ago #33040

• Thank you received: 23
These Andor Cameras also work with indigo!
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by rumen.
5 years 2 months ago #33046
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 3
Hello,

I'm relatively new to the INDI(GO) world and have a question I don't find any clear answer.
What is INDIGO comparing to INDI ? the next generation ? a concurent fork ? is it devel by the same devs ?
and so what's the futur ? apps like kstar will embed indigo server instead of indi server ?

Thank to helping me understand this situation :)

Anthony.
5 years 2 months ago #33559

It's not a fork, it another protocol developed by Peter that can be backward compatible with INDI but with some differences. KStars officially supports INDI.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
5 years 2 months ago #33560

• Thank you received: 140

Is t that Indi and not indigo, or am I missing something ...as that is the INdI control panel pictured..
5 years 2 months ago #33564

• Thank you received: 38
The ASCOL driver is an INDIGO driver and is a part of the INDIGO framework. There exists <strong>no</strong> ASCOL INDI driver. However, when you e.g. visit the website: www.indigo-astronomy.org/faq.html there is written:Note, the vice versa is not true, that is, INDI <strong>can not</strong> simulate the behavior of INDIGO. If you are interested which devices are currently supported visit www.indigo-astronomy.org/for-users.html

So to summarize: You can start INDIGO server and connect with an arbitrary INDI client to an INDIGO server.
On the screenshots above you thus see INDI Client (namely EKOS) which is connected to an INDIGO server and INDIGO ASCOL driver.

I for instance use CCDCiel (see screenshot with INDIGO simulators) as an INDI Client and using INDIGO gphoto2 , asi ccd, gps and nexstar driver to control my equipment.
With the latest and recent PixInsight Version it was also announced that INDIGO will be the upcoming framework for PixInsight pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?topic=12986.0<strong></strong>
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Thomas Stibor.
5 years 2 months ago #33565
Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.690 seconds