INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

limits and guiding errors

• Thank you received: 565
The last couple of nights I was shooting the horsehead nebula from silicon valley, and it crossed the meridian around 11:15pm (though it's altitude was no where near 90). I had mount limits checked using 5-degrees and 90-degrees, but horsehead was nowhere near 90-degrees altitude (perhaps 50-degrees). The camera tab was taking a series of pictures, and the Phd2 tracker was tracking. Around that time, I started getting guiding errors with PhD2, though the sky was clear, and it should have had no issues. I switched over to the internal guider, and got the same issues--where I believe it said it couldn't correct RA. I Also, I believe it had crossed the meridian and didn't do the automated meridian flip I expected.

All these error went away when I disabled the mount limit and manually forced a meridan flip by asking it to track to something on the other side of the meridien (is there a way to simply request a flip, or an early flip?).

I'm a bit confused on the mount limit altitude meaning. Clearly what's important is preventing the camera end of the scope from hitting the tripod legs--so the scope's altitude when it's pointing at something crossing the meridien I suppose is 90, even if it's tracking something whose altitude is << 90.

Clearly, I suspect that the limit was somehow disabling the RA corrections and the meridian flip (though the mount was still tracking). I have no logs or other useful info for you. I'm sure the limit was set at 90-degrees. Sorry about that. If there's some kind of pilot error here, sorry, please let me know what I got wrong. Or, if you want some logs etc, I can try and re-create this and turn on some kind of logging as you request (please give instructions). I am running the latest stellarmate OS release on a raspberry pi.

Hy
5 years 3 months ago #33047

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Do you have the logs? The limits would disable tracking if it hits the lower or upper bounds and this should be logged.
5 years 3 months ago #33052

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds