INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Conversion ti fits from CR2 changes geometry?

Yes, this is what libraw reports as you can see in the log file. Now as to why UFRaw and RawTheraby reports the size differently, I have no idea.
5 years 3 months ago #33185

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 161
So what is the route a new user should go in order to find out what dimensions he should enter in the Ekos requester that's a asking for his cam's image size?

I am still wondering why we don't take advantage of the existing code and have CR2s converted.
5 years 3 months ago #33187

The CR2 is already "converted" when you take a FITS image. It is read and made into a FITS image.
5 years 3 months ago #33188

• Thank you received: 41
I think Herrhausen is asking for an additional command line tool to convert DSLR RAW files into FITS exactly the same way, the gphoto2 driver is doing it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfred
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Thomas Stibor.
5 years 3 months ago #33190

Either a command line tool or the same functionality incorporated in Ekos. This would enable users to convert older, already existing CR2 flats to FITS files of the same resolution as their older FITS lights.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Alfred.
5 years 3 months ago #33192

As copello had suggested in another thread dealing with the same problem, a small change in the code did the job just fine.
In gphoto_ccd.cpp the line

if (read_libraw(tmpfile, &memptr, &memsize, &naxis, &w, &h, &bpp, bayer_pattern))

was changed to

if (read_libraw("/tmp/myfile.CR2", &memptr, &memsize, &naxis, &w, &h, &bpp, bayer_pattern))

I copied the CR2 file to /tmp/myfile.CR2 and Copello's hack converted it for me in the exact same way it is done when FITS photos are taken in Ekos. What I am asking for is a file requester that would ask for the CR2 file to be converted. Ekos would then treat this file like any other "tmpfile" input. This way the user would get a FITS file with the correct dimensions.

I've tried a bunch of other converters but without exception they ALL produce output files that are not of the same dimensions. Cropping the files did not do the job either as Regim did not accept such files.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Alfred.
5 years 3 months ago #33193

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

OK, I've changed the geometry for my 1000D to the same values as given by PI on the CR2-file. And it seems to produce fits-files with the same geometry now. So at least here, I think I now have control over the geometry.

When we are at it: is there a way to disable the preview of CR2-files in Ekos? It's big and hijcacks the screen in a way the Fits-viewer does not.

Magnus
5 years 3 months ago #33224

• Thank you received: 420
While in the CCD tab in Ekos, click the Options button to the lower right of the screen. Select Ekos in the popup and the Capture tab. There you can dselect the DSLT preview.

HTH, Wouter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfred, Magnus Larsson
5 years 3 months ago #33230

• Thank you received: 6
For what its worth I'm still hacking around this issue (python resize script) for my 60Da see indilib.org/forum/general/2931-image-geo...rsus-fits.html#23302

I got headaches from the geometries caused by my specific workflow, just 1 example:
- I need to catch 30 rapid dusk/dawn flats with constant light so I use local download (Raspberry Pi 3) and CR2
- these later converted to FITs for Siril processing.
- python check all options 5202/5184 x 3405/3465 and outputs only 5184 x 3405

I'm surprised the 600D indeed all canons don't suffer from same issue since as I understand the root bug lies in libraw.
5 years 3 months ago #33317

Time to create page: 0.438 seconds