INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Remote GPSD feed - not a phone or Android.

• Thank you received: 74
Remote GPSD Feed - In my case Indiserver running on a RPI (Camera,Mount and GPSD ) will get data from another Linux device where the actual GPS device is located and the std GPSD is running. So a Remote gpsd feed device - URI with the prefix "gpsd://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" which I guess will be in the config file on the Indiserver RPI. Kstars/Ekos is running on a Linux Laptop using the RPI as a remote Indiserver with all devices defined as remote

Can I use GPS NMEA instead of GPSD Remote GPSD Feed on the RPI.

I need the GPS device(Blox) to stay where it is on a Non Indi/Kstars Linux pc - I just want the data (time/Lat/Lon) to be accessed by the Indiserver on the RPI when its runs and for Kstars/Ekos to be able to get the same data via Indiserver.

Can that work or do I need to use the GPSD remote feed method or is there a better method.

Hope that makes sense :-)
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
5 years 3 months ago #33299

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 74
Ok for now I have had to load and run Indiserver on my device and then do indiserver indi_gpsd on that device and add a remote via the remote line "GPSD"@xxx.xxxx.xxx.xxx of the device running Kstars/Ekos. GPSD data is then exchanged.

But where there is no Indi/Kstars/Ekos but a GPSD server running you should be able to get GPS data - as per GPSNEMA via a phone :-)
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
5 years 3 months ago #33320

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.410 seconds