INDI Library v1.8.5 Released (19 Apr 2020)

April 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.5 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Remote GPSD feed - not a phone or Android.

1 year 4 months ago
stash
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Topic Author
Remote GPSD feed - not a phone or Android. #33299
Remote GPSD Feed - In my case Indiserver running on a RPI (Camera,Mount and GPSD ) will get data from another Linux device where the actual GPS device is located and the std GPSD is running. So a Remote gpsd feed device - URI with the prefix "gpsd://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" which I guess will be in the config file on the Indiserver RPI. Kstars/Ekos is running on a Linux Laptop using the RPI as a remote Indiserver with all devices defined as remote

Can I use GPS NMEA instead of GPSD Remote GPSD Feed on the RPI.

I need the GPS device(Blox) to stay where it is on a Non Indi/Kstars Linux pc - I just want the data (time/Lat/Lon) to be accessed by the Indiserver on the RPI when its runs and for Kstars/Ekos to be able to get the same data via Indiserver.

Can that work or do I need to use the GPSD remote feed method or is there a better method.

Hope that makes sense :-)

RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 4 months ago
stash
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Topic Author
Remote GPSD feed - not a phone or Android. #33320
Ok for now I have had to load and run Indiserver on my device and then do indiserver indi_gpsd on that device and add a remote via the remote line "GPSD"@xxx.xxxx.xxx.xxx of the device running Kstars/Ekos. GPSD data is then exchanged.

But where there is no Indi/Kstars/Ekos but a GPSD server running you should be able to get GPS data - as per GPSNEMA via a phone :-)

RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.440 seconds