INDI Library v1.7.6 Released. (27 Feb 2019)

First release of 2019 comes with quite a few new drivers across the board along with significant performance improvements to INDI camera and live streaming performance. Many drivers received significant updates to improve performance & stability, while a few were re-written from scratch to be in line with INDI standards. Here are some of the highlights:

The puk/saddle, a solved mystery...

• Thank you received: 118

The puk/saddle, a solved mystery... was created by Gonzothegreat

A while ago, I could not figure out why for example when the mount is pointing at a certain object in the sky, the solved picture would tell me that the mount isn't really pointing at that particular object. But now, the penny has dropped, eureka moment, it is to do with the orientation of the puk/saddle !!!
When I was looking at tuning this mount, I did find some posts on the Cloudy Nights forum about people changing the standard puk/saddle for some better ones.
On the astro-baby HEQ5 guide, you can see how the saddle is installed .
Astonishingly, it's held from only 3 grub screws!!! It's either a clever design or a stupid one really.
As I will get a new one, I will spend the time to align it perfectly.
Kstars Mac osx
Odroid C1 running indiserver (kept up-to-date with apt-get update/upgrade)
HEQ5 pro / QHY5 / Atik 314L+
2 months 2 weeks ago #33300

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by AstroNerd on topic The puk/saddle, a solved mystery...

It makes no difference which way the puck is put back, as PA takes care of the error..!!, the puck can got in any orientation, as long as mount and PA is done afterwards...
Stellarmate OS on Raspberry pi3b+ controlled with Kubuntu laptop
NEQ6 Pro, belt modded & tuned
Meade series 5000 80mm triplet Apo & Meade 8” SCT (de-forked)
Starlight Xpress SXVR H18, SXVR M25c, Lodestar Guide Camera
Pegasus Ultimate Hub for all USB & Power
Pegasus focus motors on both scopes
2 months 2 weeks ago #33301

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds