INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Altair 183 Mono Gain

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,
I just started trying to get to grips with Kstars and EKOS on a Raspberry Pi. I got the mount to Slew and Park , the next stage is to connect my cameras and get aligned and take photos I guess. I'm using an Altair Hypercam 183 mono and Gpcam for guiding. I couldn't see how to set the gain, people have said in the indi control panel but I still can't see it.

Regards
5 years 2 months ago #33685

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 140

Replied by AstroNerd on topic Altair 183 Mono Gain

Hi,
The options are there, but not sure where...
But one thing to watch out for, is that if you are using an Altair guide cam also, then your 183 mono will not work properly, as there is an issue with the driver using two Altair cams at the same time...one for imaging and one for guiding, it is being worked on but could be a while from all accounts... just a heads up really.. :)
5 years 2 months ago #33689

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Altair 183 Mono Gain

Should be the first setting under Controls tab. See image below.
5 years 2 months ago #33696
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 8

Replied by Fabio Papa on topic Altair 183 Mono Gain

Sorry to maybe hijack this, but from your capture Jasim, it seems the Altair astro cameras are supported now? If so, the devices page needs to be updated! I am in need of a new guidecam and I was looking at those for a while and holding, waiting for indi support...
5 years 2 months ago #33717

Replied by Mark Kemp on topic Altair 183 Mono Gain

I managed to find it! Now I'm just waiting for Altair cameras to work with EKOS lol
5 years 2 months ago #33719

• Thank you received: 140

Replied by AstroNerd on topic Altair 183 Mono Gain

Don’t hold your breath.... it could be a while, as the Chinese manufacturer of the camera needs to sort the SDK out... :(
5 years 2 months ago #33720

Ok i'll wait lol.
5 years 2 months ago #33800

Ok i'll wait lol.
5 years 2 months ago #33801

Replied by Lou Zyla on topic Altair 183 Mono Gain

I am also a new user with an Altair 183 M. My 183 M is the model with only fan cooling, no thermoelectric cooling. When I first connected to Ekos Camera the fan went crazy. Really reving up. It was 40 deg in the observatory so it really didn’t need a lot of cooling. When I connect to the camera in Windows using APT or SGP it doesn’t rev the fan like that. Are you experiencing that? Also just a few seconds after connecting the FITS viewer tried to come up and crashed the entire KStars program. I realize I did not answer your question but i am thrilled to find someone with the same camera. Maybe we can help each other.
Lou Zyla
5 years 2 months ago #33833

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Altair 183 Mono Gain

LVZYLA, ok I'm not sure about the fan issue. Can you please attach the logs? Does the fan start going crazy as soon as you plug the camera in or when you connect only? Can you use the fan control to turn it off?

btw, INDI Altair cameras are supported and should work fine now with INDI Nightly PPA. Soon I'll update to stable once I get more testing reports.
5 years 2 months ago #33858

Replied by Lou Zyla on topic Altair 183 Mono Gain

Thank you for your response. I am a new user so I did not have logging enabled. In fact that was the first time I connected the camera and all my equipment. The fan only revs up after you press connect. I will try again with logging enabled. I am only using the stable build, not the nightly build so I wonder what driver I was using.Maybe I picked up the wrong driver. When do you think you will release the Altair Hypercam 183M driver into the stable build.BTW how do I update my stable build to the latest. Is it manual or automatic. I am brand new to this Linux world coming from Windows.
Lou Zyla
5 years 2 months ago #34027

Time to create page: 0.620 seconds