INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Double Installing PyIndi on StellarMate

• Thank you received: 0
Hi all,

New INDI/StellarMate user here. I've been playing with Kstars and Ekos, but I'm curious to try some custom scripting using PyIndi. I'm having trouble with the install though. I'm following the instructions here: indilib.org/develop/indi-python-bindings.html and the pip3 install is failing:
stellarmate@stellarmate:~$ pip3 install --user --install-option="--prefix=" pyindi-client
/home/stellarmate/.local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pip/_internal/commands/install.py:211: UserWarning: Disabling all use of wheels due to the use of --build-options / --global-options / --install-options.
  cmdoptions.check_install_build_global(options)
Collecting pyindi-client
  Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/a7/4d/9ae15f572822c2fac5d6756570b205bdf578c80be24e274947ac74962873/pyindi-client-0.2.3.tar.gz
Skipping bdist_wheel for pyindi-client, due to binaries being disabled for it.
Installing collected packages: pyindi-client
  Running setup.py install for pyindi-client ... error
    Complete output from command /usr/bin/python3 -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/tmp/pip-install-rxpxjfci/pyindi-client/setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\r\n', '\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /tmp/pip-record-kupr5mj3/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --prefix= --user --prefix=:
    running install
    running build_ext
    building '_PyIndi' extension
    swigging indiclientpython.i to indiclientpython_wrap.cpp
    swig -python -v -Wall -c++ -threads -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/libindi -I/usr/local/include/libindi -o indiclientpython_wrap.cpp indiclientpython.i
    Language subdirectory: python
    Search paths:
       ./
       /usr/include/
       /usr/include/libindi/
       /usr/local/include/libindi/
       ./swig_lib/python/
       /usr/share/swig3.0/python/
       ./swig_lib/
       /usr/share/swig3.0/
    Preprocessing...
    Starting language-specific parse...
    /usr/include/libindi/baseclient.h:33: Warning 322: Redundant redeclaration of 'MAXRBUF',
    /usr/include/libindi/indibase.h:8: Warning 322: previous declaration of 'MAXRBUF'.
    /usr/include/libindi/baseclient.h:238: Warning 325: Nested struct not currently supported (BLOBMode ignored)
    /usr/include/libindi/basedevice.h:29: Warning 322: Redundant redeclaration of 'MAXRBUF',
    /usr/include/libindi/indibase.h:8: Warning 322: previous declaration of 'MAXRBUF'.
    /usr/include/libindi/baseclient.h:55: Warning 403: Class 'INDI::BaseClient' might be abstract, no constructors generated,
    /usr/include/libindi/indibase.h:84: Warning 403: Method INDI::BaseMediator::newDevice(INDI::BaseDevice *) might not be implemented.
    Processing types...
    C++ analysis...
    Processing nested classes...
    Generating wrappers...
    creating build
    creating build/temp.linux-armv7l-3.5
    arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -pthread -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -g -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fPIC -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/libindi -I/usr/local/include/libindi -I/usr/include/python3.5m -c indiclientpython_wrap.cpp -o build/temp.linux-armv7l-3.5/indiclientpython_wrap.o -std=c++11
    cc1plus: warning: command line option ‘-Wstrict-prototypes’ is valid for C/ObjC but not for C++
    creating build/lib.linux-armv7l-3.5
    arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -pthread -shared -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro -g -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 build/temp.linux-armv7l-3.5/indiclientpython_wrap.o /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libindiclient.a -lz -lcfitsio -lnova -o build/lib.linux-armv7l-3.5/_PyIndi.cpython-35m-arm-linux-gnueabihf.so
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    error: command 'arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++' failed with exit status 1

----------------------------------------
Command "/usr/bin/python3 -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/tmp/pip-install-rxpxjfci/pyindi-client/setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\r\n', '\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /tmp/pip-record-kupr5mj3/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --prefix= --user --prefix=" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-install-rxpxjfci/pyindi-client/

Any suggestions?

thanks!
5 years 3 months ago #33881

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Hello joshw,

I ran into the same problem. It seems that the -lz option is not recognized by the ld command.
After a quick search I found that installing zlib1g-dev should help with this specific error.
I managed to resolve it by installing all the x86 libs with the package lib32z1-dev. It is a bit overkill but if the first solution doesn't work try the later.

Clear skies!
Aldebaran.
5 years 2 months ago #34478

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.315 seconds