INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Anyone Enlighten me on the symbol

• Thank you received: 74
On the attached image you will see symbols mark in red on the camera drop down menu of Ekos profile.

If you hover over it says something like "Available as remote driver - local install driver"

Question is what does this symbol mean.

Someone asked me and I said I didn't know so I am asking the experts :-)
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Clive Stachon.
5 years 2 months ago #33935
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 140

As I described on the SGL thread, this means that the driver is not available on the client machine only on remote device.. :) so if you open Ekos on a PC and connect remotely to indiserver to rpi, and the driver is on the rpi and not the client, this symbol wiill show..
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by AstroNerd.
5 years 2 months ago #33945

OK makes sense - so that symbol should not ever be shown when you are not connected to anything and are just editing a profile?

As I described on the SGL thread - what thread ( I presume you are Lightbucket ?)

Plus if you click on REMOTE instead of Local Indi Webcam,Inova Plx,Generic CCD are shown with the symbol - and I do not have or ever had used those devices and Its not connected to anything :-)
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Clive Stachon.
5 years 2 months ago #33946

Yes that’s me.. :)
Well that would be correct, you click on remote and those icons show up, because the drivers are only on the remote machine, it makes no difference if you used them or not, it shows all drivers installed...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
5 years 2 months ago #33957

Sorry still confused "because the drivers are only on the remote machine" - I hadn't connected to this remote as it doesn't exist,so it cant know they really exist, so do you mean they can ONLY exist on a remote machine otherwise that makes no sense at all. Once I click REMOTE the local Kstars/Ekos is expecting everything to be remote so are these items special in some way. I must be missing simple fact here :-)

Anyway at least he has got it working - it was hard work at times LOL

5 years 2 months ago #33959

• Thank you received: 809
I think a better way of saying it is that the drivers marked with that symbol are not on your current machine, but they could be on a remote machine. It isn't that they can't exist on your machine forever, they just aren't there now. But when you are trying to connect to a remote machine, it shows the full list including ones that aren't currently on your machine, so you can choose them if you like.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, AstroNerd
5 years 2 months ago #33970

Ok that makes sense - thanks

5 years 2 months ago #33984

Yes I did not explain it very well, but @rlancaste got it spot on.. :)
Yes the guy on SGL has got it working, but it seemed to be down to the fact he had not got the rpi updated, which was a simple mistake, and one I pointed out right at the start, and to try and do the update again...
it does make it difficult sometimes to give people continued advice, when they are are not following advice already given, but like you say he has got there.....for now.. ;)

Not quite sure why he does not join this forum, might make things easier....especially for us... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive Stachon
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by AstroNerd.
5 years 2 months ago #33985

Time to create page: 0.655 seconds