INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Celestron Motorised Focuser - Is it supported in EKOS yet

• Thank you received: 138
Thanks Jasem,
Here is a git status and git diff, they may give a clue about what was going on.Then did a diff:and no obvious way out other than to close the terminal window.
I've had nothing to do with BasicMathPlugin.cpp

The zip of my indi folder is 842 mbytes, is it OK to send that?

Chris
5 years 1 month ago #35412

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Just put it on dropbox or a similar service and I can download the link. Can you come to KStars online channel as well? I'm there so we can work on this faster: webchat.kde.org/#/room/#kstars:kde.org
5 years 1 month ago #35413

Thanks for that but I'm due to be out shortly, got involved in sorting the movement of my Astro Society's dome the dome power supply is a bit marginal.

Most of that vast indi folder is the .git folder, I think the rebase attempt picked up every change for ever and then it got confused.

Restoring this won't be too bad. I have virtually the same code in a C# module. I can use that to give me the cpp and h files.

Am tempted to delete the lot and start again with a new clone from your celestron_work branch, then add my files. It's always easier the second time.
5 years 1 month ago #35415

Got the code working again, that was easy.

Finally got my code pushed to my remote repository. It was a real strugle, eventually found a set of commands that worked.
And sent a pull request - I hope. Had to do all the repository stuff on my Windows PC because the version of Firefox on my Pi is too old. That seems to be because something else required the old version.
There must be a better way to document code than social media by users.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stefan
5 years 1 month ago #35500

• Thank you received: 1
I would likt to thank you for your effort. I will be receiving mine in may (early adoper in germany) and I am so happy to see that INDI will be capable of handling this device :-)

hopefully, the focuser is doing its job pretty well then ;-)

Stefan
Current gear:
- AVX
- E8HD + ASI294MC
- Celestron 150x30 + ASI224 for guiding
- Celestron Focuser for harp stars

SW:
- Linux NUC + Ubuntu + INDI nightly on the server
- Linux Ubuntu + KSTARS nightly on the client (via CAT5 wire)
5 years 1 month ago #35508

• Thank you received: 2
Is this driver working now. Will it be incorporated into an update for Stellarmate and if so do we know when? If not where can we get an copy and instructions on how to incorporate it into the Stellarmate.

Thanks for all the hard work guys, you rock
5 years 1 month ago #35509

I am actually for one more fix from Chris before I release the next INDI officially. So very shortly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Liam Finn
5 years 1 month ago #35510

• Thank you received: 0
I loaded new Kstars 3.1.0, and can now set focuser to 'Celestron Focuser SCT' in profile, but profile won't start up. What am I doing wrong?

And in INDI listing for upgrades is lists Celestron Focuser SCT as 'standalone'. What does that mean? Does it mean it supports it without linking(requiring) Celestron mount, or does it mean something else?

Thx
G
5 years 3 weeks ago #35801

Standalone means if it is connected directly to USB, not via the mount. You need to update INDI as well. It is an experimental driver at the moment until we get more user feedback.
5 years 3 weeks ago #35806

This is how I can select and start the focuser:
Run KStars.
Toggle EKOS (The dome icon).
Edit Profile
For the focuser select 'Celestron SCT'
I don't have connect automatically checked.
Start Ekos
Select the 'Celestron SCT' tab
In the 'Main Control' tab click on 'Connect'
The focuser connects and all the control UI is shown.

I think that standalone means that the focuser works with its own usb connection, independently of the telescope. It's also possible to connect through the Aux port on the scope but there's no driver for that in INDI (there is in ASCOM).
My test rig just has the focuser connected to a port on a hub that's connected to a RPi, no power supply at all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
5 years 3 weeks ago #35810

• Thank you received: 0
Very naive question - how do I install the new INDI release?
I downloaded the indi-1.7.6.zip, but cannot tell what I'm supposed to do with it. In READme in this there are terminal commands. Do I need to run those??
I have mac OSx.
On INDI site, there is 'download indi for MacOS', INDIGO server, indigo control, and other - am I suppose to install from there? Problem here is can't tell which release this are - don't know if these are old or new. ??
5 years 3 weeks ago #35921

Glen, you don't need to download the file. Just update StellarMateOS to the latest update and then use KStars v3.1.0 on your MacOS.
5 years 3 weeks ago #35946

Time to create page: 1.603 seconds