INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars-Bleeding and indiweb on Tinker Board S - with Armbian Bionic

• Thank you received: 9
I recently purchased an Asus Tinkerboard S computer for use as a portable telescope mounted computer. I've noticed others have had luck getting kstars / ekos working and I wanted to post my notes so others might benefit. First off, Armbian Bionic is the OS you want. So far its worked with minimal issues. Kstars installs but as of right now, there is a missing sql5 dependency and kstars won't start. This has been mentioned several times in these forums so I won't go into detail. You simple add the missing dependancy:
sudo apt-get install libqt5sql5-sqlite
and kstars will load as expected. For those wondering, the uname -a output looks as follows:
Linux ekos 4.19.16-rockchip #5.72 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jan 17 09:56:02 CET 2019 armv7l

Indiweb:
Before you can install indiweb, you will need to install pip:
sudo apt install python-pip
But wait... your not done. First you need to install some additional modules and libraries:
pip install setuptools
pip install wheel

And the python dev libraries:
sudo apt install python-dev
sudo apt install python3-dev

And finally, you can install indiweb:
pip install indiweb

As I find out other useful information about this config, I'll update this post. One thing I can say for sure, this thing is fast!

Cheers

John
5 years 2 months ago #34118

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

If you also plan on installing OpenPHD2, you will need to install some aditional modules. If you try to run phd2 from command line, you will see some errors simular to the following:
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gail"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "atk-bridge"

Simply install gail, and atk-bridge:
apt-get install libatk-adaptor libgail-common

-John
5 years 2 months ago #34119

• Thank you received: 24
I have been using below on Tkinkerboard , they also have a image which you can directly burn to sd card and be done.

github.com/Patrick-81/NAFABox
5 years 2 months ago #34134

Thanks, Tokottary! I did try out NAFABox for about a week as well, testing both the image file and the script. It is a nice convenient package but had had a hell of a time switching from French to English. Even the shortcut they provide on the desktop didn't work for me. Somethings would change from French to English, others would remain French. And when you are in a shell, other things would remain French. Its close, but I think it still needs work for those who are not fluent in French. The script install is the way to go with NAFABox I think, then you get to choose what software you want. I was finally able to get it fully converted to English but in the end, it was just easier for me to just add the software I wanted myself, that way when things go wrong, I stand a better chance of being able to fix it. I'm only using kstars/ekos, Astrometry.net, indi-web, and occasionally, phd2, and those installs go pretty easy once you know what additional modules you need.

One more thing for anyone else working with the Tinker Board and Armbian Bionic, note that full GPU accelerated desktop and OpenCL support was added some months back: forum.armbian.com/topic/7262-rk3288-media-script-tinkerboard/ I haven't tested this yet but soon.
5 years 2 months ago #34138

• Thank you received: 24
Ah yes now that you mentioned it ,I remember the language issue . I do not honestly remember what I did to fix it (perhaps had to change the country and locale settings somewhere ) .
5 years 2 months ago #34142

Time to create page: 0.517 seconds