INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New build Script for KStars and INDI on Mac OS

• Thank you received: 281
Hi Rob,

Thanks for replying. I'm on Big Sur (11.4)

Just googled carbon and sounds like you're right, its an old API that was discontinued in 10.15. Since audio.out isn't going to compile I try removing it and try again.
2 years 6 months ago #75985

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 812
Yeah we may want to see if we can change the build to avoid this since audio, the GUI, or carbon should be needed at all for indiserver which is what it looks like was building at the time based on your post.  I think the reason it got included was probably ffmpeg, which is needed for the INDI Webcam, but we don't need those features of it.
2 years 6 months ago #75987

Yes, that would be good. You're correct, its in the Indilib part of the script when it fails...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Building INDI 3rd Party Libraries and required dependencies~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Any tips for, at least temporarily, getting round this? When I delete the "examples" directory the script sinks it back to GitHub before proceeding in, I think, this statement...

craft "$VERBOSE" -i indiserver3rdPartyLibraries
2 years 6 months ago #76001

• Thank you received: 223
Hello Rob,
I haven't built it for a while, I'll give this new script a try at some point in the next few days. Thanks for your continuous hard work.
2 years 6 months ago #76004

I can't build on Mac Intel and Mac M1, and also KStars 3.5.5 crashes when Ekos is started. It's sad that I can't build to test what's going on.
2 years 6 months ago #76009

• Thank you received: 87
Double post please remove....

Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by nMAC.
2 years 6 months ago #76026

• Thank you received: 87
I can't build it too, same libsamplerate error on MacOS BigSur.

2 years 6 months ago #76027

I just checked on my system.  The command "craft -vi libsamplerate" in the craft environment builds it fine on my computer.  I am running Big Sur and on my system, Carbon.h is found at /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Headers/Carbon.h

Is it there on yours?
2 years 6 months ago #76034

I just took a look.   It looks like Hannah or somebody else did update libsamplerate.  So I copied in their changes.  Try it now, it might work better.
2 years 6 months ago #76035

Morning, great, thanks for this. Its fixed that problem so libsamplerate and the rest of indserver completes. 

Moving onto Kstars... the script fails building "expat". Looks like the compile path isn't right as it can't find "stdlib.h" which I have several instances of on my system. I don't have Xcode installed so this could be the problem. The reason I haven't installed Xcode is that the Readme recommends using QT rather than Xcode, but obviously happy to install it if its required for the build.

2 years 6 months ago #76050
Attachments:

So I installed Xcode and that fixed the problem with building expat. The script ran to completion and I can launch Kstars (version 3.5.6 beta) so all seems to be fine. I'll have a play around.

Thanks for your help!
2 years 6 months ago #76064

Really that's great, I never got this far. Let me try to rebuild this.
2 years 6 months ago #76097

Time to create page: 3.819 seconds