INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Indi server for windows

• Thank you received: 0
Is Indi server for windows and for that matter Kstars/Ekos for windows still active programs? I have tried Indi server for windows and ran into a problem with the Rigel nstep focuser. This device has a working Ascom driver in Windows which works fine with SGPro and also APT but the Indi server chokes on it and reports an error in the Ascom driver. Anyone else experiencing this problem. Thanks
Lou Zyla
5 years 2 months ago #34911

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 812
Kstars/Ekos on Windows is a very active program. It is an open source, community driven program. Basically the same code in KStars is used on Mac, Windows, and Linux. There are new commits every single day from multiple people: github.com/KDE/kstars/commits/master. There are new stable versions released for windows every few months with the last one released in December: edu.kde.org/kstars/
In fact if you want to test the latest code, you can download a nightly build. binary-factory.kde.org/job/KStars_Nightly_win32/

As for the program INDIServer for Windows, I assume you mean the Cloudmakers program? That is produced by a private company called Cloudmakers. You would need to check with them.

Thanks,

Rob
5 years 2 months ago #34913

Replied by Lou Zyla on topic Indi server for windows

Thanks for the reply. I contacted Cloudmakers and they said they no longer maintain Indi Server for Windows. No updates have been made in 2 years. They have switched to something called Indigo. This information might be useful for others who try the all Windows route.
Lou Zyla
5 years 2 months ago #35014

• Thank you received: 140

Replied by AstroNerd on topic Indi server for windows

AFAIK indigo is only for Linux...and Mac OS..do t think it runs on Windows..
5 years 2 months ago #35016

• Thank you received: 174
INDIGO has no drivers for Windows, but it has client part of the framework running on windows and also ASCOM drivers allowing to use remote INDIGO server from INDIGO or ASCOM applications on Windows.

INDI Server for windows is not maintained anymore and it was also never meant as server for Ekos on Windows. Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd
5 years 2 months ago #35017

Replied by Lou Zyla on topic Indi server for windows

Thank you for your help. I am enclosing 2 log files, one from Indi Server for Windows and another from Kstars/Ekos. The problem device is the Rigel nstep focus motor. It conects just fine in my Windows programs such as SGP Pro or APT using Ascom but errors off using Indi Sever for Windows. My mount is the EQ5 running EQMOD. The mount is assigned a com port of 3 and the Rigel nstep also uses a com port of 4. In the Indi Control under the Options tab there is a setting called Interface and it is set to 8.

File Attachment:

File Name: Ekos_log_10-08-19.txt
File Size:5 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: INDIServer...dows.log
File Size:137 KB

Thanks,

Lou Zyla
5 years 1 month ago #35277
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds