INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Teamviewer disabeling Ubuntu Hot Spot

• Thank you received: 2
Hello,
I am trying to setup an Intel Compute Stick to remotely control Kstars and oaCapture with ASI 120 at USB3. The Compute Stick is running with Ubuntu 18.04 amd64. I would like to use teamviewer (teamviewer 14) for the remote-access because it uses an udp-connection which is faster than the tpc that is used by vino or vnc.
Everything works fine as long as I connect via the WLAN-Router of my Home-Net. As soon as I am using the built in hot spot I am running into problems. Every time I try, after using teamviewer for the first time I am unable to establish the hot spot a second time. Even after reboot, this isn‘t possible, so at the end I always have to reinstall ubuntu. Vino and real4vnc are running with the hot spot without any problem - ecxept for being substancially slower than teamviewer.
The symptoms of the teamviewer conflict are:
- ubuntu displays the hotspot as if everything was working
- the hot spot needs ages to show up
- any attempt to connect is rejected with „incorrect password“
- removing the password doesn‘t help: In most cases, when trying to connect with teamviewer on ipad, it just says couldn‘t connect to...; in few cases, a connection ist being established (I can‘t find any rule, when this happens), but the Compute Stick cannot be detected in the network, so teamviewer doesn‘t find ist.

Anybody any idea?
5 years 2 months ago #34939

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 140
So are you using your intel stick at the mount and removing into that from another PC or using an rpi at the mount and removing to that from your intel stick..?.
5 years 2 months ago #34942

I want to use the stick for telescope- and camera-control. I want ubuntu on the stick to create a wlan hot spot, which I can connect to with my Ipad. With the ios Teamviewer App I want to establish a remote desktop session to control kstars / oaCapture on the stick.
5 years 2 months ago #34945

I resolved this by intalling ubuntu Mate 16.04. It turned out to be more convinient for many of my purposes: No problem with teamviewer in Hot-Spot mode, Bluetooth works out of the box, SkySafari can connect to ekos/indi (which didn‘t work under Lubuntu 16.04) -> at least for my hardware setup, the change to ubuntu Mate 16.04 solved many problems.
5 years 2 months ago #35077

Time to create page: 0.992 seconds