INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

GPUSB and PHD2 connection in Ekos interface

• Thank you received: 0
The GPUSB connection through EKOS built in guiding works fine and looks very stable. But PHD will not allow for selection of the GPUSB as the mount for guiding signals. Software is running RPi 3 with Ubuntu mate and AstroPi3 build scripts.

I can not find the correct magic settings anywhere please if anybody can help this would be great otherwise i need to completely rethink. INDI has come so far so it seems silly that something such as this will be a deal breaker

I understand that this may not be the optimal place for this but i have been searching for a week now and failing to find any information to make this work so I'm kind of getting desperate

Steve
5 years 1 month ago #35187

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Right I found the issue. The driver was quite old (written in 2019), so I just updated it. Please recompile libindi (or wait for next nightly) and report back.. hopefully I didn't break the driver.
5 years 1 month ago #35203

Hi There, Thanks for the quick response -- so i have pulled the nightly build (just) and I think that its installed and running. I see a new telescope driver for telescope_gpusb and have selected this as the mount.

when i look at the general info under indi options is see the telescope_gpusb and version 1.0 which is the same as GPUSB drive (I assume that there is no increase in the version number)

When i setup in egos with internal guiding i can select the telescope_gpusb as driver for guiding and it looks like its responding on the GPUSB with the correct timing pulses etc (unable to test out side)

in PHD2 (version PHD2.6.5dev7) there is no option to select a different driver driver even though in the indi control panel i can see that all my devices are connected.

Not sure where to go from here I guess PHD2 is not seeing the device driver as a mount?

Steve
5 years 1 month ago #35305

Just tried from PHD2 (using GIT version), and I can select GPUSB.
5 years 1 month ago #35311
Attachments:

Just tried from PHD2 (using GIT version), and I can select GPUSB.
5 years 1 month ago #35312

Ok will pull the git repo and try
5 years 1 month ago #35336

Hi There,

so i pulled the git repo and compiled the relevant items and it seems that the driver is broken. So the driver installs ok and seems to connect to the device but the GPUSB is unable to operate either the green light is on continuously or the LED turns red.

I have tried to manually nudge the mount but there is no guide pulse getting to the mount.

the good news is that the driver appears in PhD2 now

Any ideas?

Steve
5 years 1 month ago #35338

Hi there,

so i pulled the git repo and built the driver set etc but the driver is now broken. So the driver installs ok and seems to connect to the device but the GPUSB is unable to operate either the green light is on continuously or the LED turns red.

I have tried to manually nudge the mount but there is no guide pulse getting to the mount.

the good news is that the driver appears in PhD2 now

Any ideas?

Steve
5 years 3 weeks ago #35717

It's fixed in GIT and should be in nightly later today or tomorrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steve
5 years 3 weeks ago #35771

Hi There,

Thank you so much i can confirm that the driver appears to be working as expected now. i.e. flash green led with guide pulse. I can also confirm that this is linked to external PhD2.

Awesome support !

As soon as i can get a clear night :( I will star test and confirm that all is working.

Steve
5 years 3 weeks ago #35867

Time to create page: 0.950 seconds