INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI client MoonPanoramaMaker requires Firecapture, Installable on Pi?

• Thank you received: 226
I am interested in using the INDI client MoonPanoramaMaker. Unfortunately it requires firecapture for the acquisition side. I could only find a 64bit version for Linux. Is there any way to compile it for the Raspberry Pi in 32bit?
When I try to run the available version I receive this error.
<code>/opt/FireCapture_v2.6/start.sh: line 30: ./jre/bin/FireCapture: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error</code>

Edit: MoonPanoramaMaker appears to also be 64 bit and is not executable on my Raspberry Pi. Sadly this appears to be a lost cause and I'll have to give up on it as quickly as I came upon it while I'm only using the Pi. Perhapse this belongs in wish-list for a future feature that could be developed.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Andrew.
5 years 1 month ago #35199

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
Looks like FireCapture contains its own 64 bit JRE (Java Runtime Environment). Perhaps you can edit the /opt/FireCapture_v2.6/start.sh script and set JAVA_HOME and PATH in it to point at a 32 bit JRE on the RPi and see if it starts? The Java language itself is platform independent and if the FireCapture people coded well it should run on any JRE.

EDIT: OK I had a look and unfortunately this will not work. The FireCapture executable is statically linked and is built for a 64 bit platform. Also, the drivers for QHY and ASI cameras, which are included in the package, are 64 bit drivers. This will not run on a 32 bit platform.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Wouter van Reeven.
5 years 1 month ago #35209

• Thank you received: 27
Noop. Only exists for WIn (32 and 64 bit editions) and Linux (x64) and Mac.
Foor MoonPanorameMaker the source is avaible on GitHub so you could try to compile it on ARM.
Paul
5 years 1 month ago #35210

• Thank you received: 31
Firecapture is planet oriented, so you need SPEED! That's incompatible with the USB2 of the Pi anyway.
You could only use it to take single views ;)
-Marc
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Marc.
5 years 1 month ago #35273

Time to create page: 0.558 seconds