INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos Dark Library problem

• Thank you received: 0
Hi there!

New user and so far having fun setting up Pi with Astroberry Server.
I'm trying to load the dark library; but no matter how many times I try or maybe I'm doing something obviously wrong I can't select a Dark folder via Ekos/Settings/Dark Library.
It just opens a file viewr but doesn't let me choose it. It's just a static file viewer.
Am I doing something wrong?

Also; curious if this has to be done on a local instance; or can be done from the server side to be applied to captures?

Thanks !
5 years 2 weeks ago #36453

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 139
Have you shot darks yet? I was confused by this at first myself because I didn't realize you can't load a dark library into it. When you first capture an image it will ask if the camera has a shutter, then it will shoot a single dark image. It does this for both the main camera and the guide camera. The darks gets added into the library into the folder that is set in that area.
5 years 1 week ago #36732

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by danoz on topic Ekos Dark Library problem

Thanks for the response;

Yes I have subtraction frames from another system. I was trying to load these in manually to be used rather than have to go through the whole process of taking them in Ekos in order for them to be available to use

This appears to be a limitation or an intention for some reason ?
5 years 1 week ago #36733

• Thank you received: 139
Right...This library is only for the darks created by EKOS automatically when you first use your cameras, or change an exposure setting.
5 years 1 week ago #36734

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds