INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Cloudwatcher INDI

• Thank you received: 53

Replied by Ron Kramer on topic Cloudwatcher INDI

YEP I'm golden. Again HUGE THANKS!
The nice thing is this thread will be here for those with furture solo setup problems.

I have green lights across the board. I've not seen a shut down yet. But looks fine.
If you are still with me here... will it shut down no matter what its doing?

SGP will ONLY shut down if a sequence is running). I hated that. If it shuts down, what will it do? (park the things it's snooping?) or just close the shutter?

I didn't know what to put in forecast so I put clouds in there and seems to be matching the solo's display so that should work when clouds roll in as well. You're a life saver... I've passed your info along to Jaime (cloudwatcher maker) and he was grateful as well.
AP Mach1 / CP4 APCC & PEMpro.
EXP SCI - ED152cf APO - Celestron 11" RASA - Stellarvue 80mm
Baader F2 HS NB filters, Lodestar X2 guide camera / OAG - ZWO 290mm mini
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro / ASI174M (solar) / ASI094MC
NEXDome, CLoudwatcher, AVX mount/ASIair and Stellarmate

5 years 4 weeks ago #36855

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 62

Replied by Ferrante Enriques on topic Cloudwatcher INDI

hi, good to hear that everything is working fine.
I only tried shutdown when sequence was running using the scheduler. That's where it is useful to me.
Anyway it is quite easy to test: just lower any of the critical threshold to a Danger / Red level even if it doesn't make sense. E.g. if ambient temp is 10 degrees set the upper OK to a lower value, say 5 deg. Light will be immediately red and shutdown will be triggered.

Remember that only critical parameters are used for shutdown or other operations inside Ekos. So forecast, cloud or other parameters are for your visualization only; and you already have the SOLO display for that.
Only wind, temp and rain are set on my configuration.

I wrote an help file for this Weather Watcher driver (at least what I get of it), hopefully Jasem will add it to documentation. Even though i think we are the only 2 using it...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Kramer
5 years 4 weeks ago #36856

• Thank you received: 53

Replied by Ron Kramer on topic Cloudwatcher INDI

Is there any way to change (or where would I?) change the names of the parameters?
I don't need temp. So I changed that to monitor clouds. If clouds move in it shuts down.
I don't need "forecast" so I changed that to switch. (which really is all I'd need)
because that is the solo's OKAY or UNSAFE.
I do still have rain (in case the sprinkling system goes off (been there done that).
Wind is fine. I don't open up unless the skies are clear to clouds is important to me.
But now clouds are labeled (weather) think and switch is temp. Probably a question
for Jasem.
AP Mach1 / CP4 APCC & PEMpro.
EXP SCI - ED152cf APO - Celestron 11" RASA - Stellarvue 80mm
Baader F2 HS NB filters, Lodestar X2 guide camera / OAG - ZWO 290mm mini
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro / ASI174M (solar) / ASI094MC
NEXDome, CLoudwatcher, AVX mount/ASIair and Stellarmate

5 years 4 weeks ago #36860

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds