INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Raspberry-Indi web- asi120mc usb2 (old) little problem........

• Thank you received: 0
Greetings to the whole forum! I have a small problem that I hope someone will help me to solve it .... I explain: after a thousand adventures I managed to create a station with my raspberry p3 to control everything, like the mount, a celestron cg5 goto, the focuser made with arduino, the canon 70d camera, and the guide an asi 120mc usb2 (old) .... so .... if I attack everything on the computer (no raspberry) and use Kstars and Ekos ... EVERYTHING works great! I installed indi-web and everything you need to get the command remotely on the raspberry and for a 4-5 times (sessions) everything worked very well .... now I have a problem with the ASI guide .... at start the server recognizes it, loads everything and all the dots are green .... but as soon as I try to make a click with the asi .... time starts and stops at 0.01 blocking everything ... the ball on exposure turns yellow and I have to kill the program to get out and start again ... I'm getting crazy! because before it worked and now it is not going anymore ?? what can I check to get everything back as before? I state that I tried to reinstall ubuntu mate and all the software needed for raspberry 3 times! Help! thanks to those who can answer me!

PS
I am Italian and I do not speak or write in English ... for the translation of this text, Saint Google helped me!
5 years 1 week ago #36637

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
Hi and welcome to the forum!

This camera has been discussed many times on this forum. Unfortunately it has a problem: it doesn’t follow the USB2 standard and therefore modern Linux kernels don’t allow it to send data to the computer. Some people have been able to install new firmware on the camera (please search this forum) and got it to work. I have tried this as well and for me it didn’t work. But please try, you may be lucky. If it doesn’t work then the only solution is to buy a new, USB3, version which works very well. I know because I have 2 and I recommend them to everyone who needs a guide cam :)

Clear skies, Wouter
The following user(s) said Thank You: roberto
5 years 1 week ago #36653

Hello! thanks for the reply, I read in the forum that someone tried to change the firmware, which unfortunately I didn't find a valid link to make the change, but what amazes me is that the first sessions made with the raspberry connected to my net, and kstars and ekos on my mac was not good but fine! no problem at all .... I only had the wonderful idea of changing the micro sd card and not having made a backup I reinstalled everything on a new card much faster .... the first was a class 10, the final is a class U .... but since then unfortunately nothing has gone and I deleted the old card! it is strange that before works and after no .... but if I connect everything to the mac and I use ekos directly .... everything is wonderful, but I would like to use the raspberry as a server and I stay warm at home .. ....
Last edit: 5 years 1 week ago by roberto.
5 years 1 week ago #36657

• Thank you received: 420
I am afraid I cannot help you there. My old ASI120MC did not work on a Raspberry Pi nor on my macbook. That’s why I sold it to a Windows user and bought an ASI120MC-S. Good luck trying to solve this mystery.

Wouter
5 years 1 week ago #36659

the new usb 3 version has no problems with indi web? my asi 120 usb2 on my macbook pro 15 retina late 2103 is fine with both phd and ekos .... for that it is strange not to be able to go back to raspberry as well as the beginning was .... bho is very strange
....if the new usb 3.0 version is better ... well I'll sell mine and buy the new one ... I don't want to go crazy anymore!
5 years 1 week ago #36664

• Thank you received: 94
Hi. Our 120mm usb2 and 120mm clone (the Datyson t7m) work fine under ubuNtu with this firmware:
drive.google.com/open?id=1eXBCN06Uz6pGdf-TDd_8ETVW5QRw9zSO
Worth a try?
HTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: roberto
Last edit: 5 years 1 week ago by alacant.
5 years 1 week ago #36669

• Thank you received: 375
You need compatible firmware for ASI USB 2.0 camera. Official version is available here: astronomy-imaging-camera.com/software-drivers
Download this file , unzip in Windows and use ASI120MC-compatible.iic for flashing ASI120MC or other *-compatible.iic file for other cameras.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teseo, roberto
Last edit: 5 years 1 week ago by Radek Kaczorek.
5 years 1 week ago #36677

thank you!! now I try to upgrade to ASI .... I didn't know where to find the files! thanks again!
5 years 1 week ago #36683

I found the mystery! I discovered that with the raspberry Pi3B the ASI120MC does NOT work ..... but with the raspberry Pi3B + (plus) everything goes beautiful! WITHOUT downgrading the ASI firmware ..... I proceeded to send my B back to Amazon and I have already bought the B + that will arrive tomorrow! thanks to everyone for the advice !!
5 years 1 week ago #36715

Time to create page: 0.284 seconds