INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Issues guiding with new scope and OAG on a CGX

• Thank you received: 53
I don't think so, I'll look for it later. Guiding update: last night 2 hours of frustration. I setup PHD again and it also does HUGE HOPS to calibrate. I have to abort after 2 of them as I'm running out of sky.
went back to internal. Did same. I messed with things. - even extreme. I started to get proper calibrations after dozens of "you have backlash problems" I don't think so.
Then with really extreme settings it started working. I then slowly reduced extremes closer to defaults and it calmed down. Best of the night is (See below) but I fear next time I try it will be 2 hours of frustrations again. Anyway - I do have a log file with mostly all guiding if you care to look.
But if I could click GUIDE and see this - I'd be happy!
(And I think the RMS is underrated) much higher RMS still resulted in round small stars.

It doesn't help that there are at least 4 places for settings. 1. guider area is Ekos, 2. hidden behind the plot target 3. burried in the mount tabs under guiding 4. buried in the guide camera in one of the tabs'.

also I'd recommend that the TABS don't randomize. Meaning Im' use to finding my mount far left and weather far right and yet each boot up - they are in random places. (anyway to lock this in place?) As well the tabs for each device also seem to move at times. ALL options should be available (even if repeated) on the guider EKOS primary page. I think part of my problem was I went and found the mount guiding tab and there was .25 .50 and .1
Which reminds me of another issue. THINGS DONT SAVE. I know I set my mount to 1.0 X guide rate. And "SAVED" and it was back to .25
I also have entered in my SLAVE settings for the nexdome at least 6 times. And YES I "SAVE THEM" in the options tab. Luckily yesterday when they were gone I had retained a screen capture for them. (Else I had to call up the inches to meters calc again).
LASTLY - the final frustration when all seemed to be working well - and I was tweaking guiding. ALL NIGHT (about 5 hours of me tweaking and testing). The whole shabang aborted to OS almost like clockwork about ever 20 minutes. (luckily a restart is fairly painless and when ever I think I need to go back to SGP - I remind myself how hard it is to reboot SGP and all the individual applications. ;-)

VENTED my wish list/experiences :-)

AP Mach1 / CP4 APCC & PEMpro.
EXP SCI - ED152cf APO - Celestron 11" RASA - Stellarvue 80mm
Baader F2 HS NB filters, Lodestar X2 guide camera / OAG - ZWO 290mm mini
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro / ASI174M (solar) / ASI094MC
NEXDome, CLoudwatcher, AVX mount/ASIair and Stellarmate

Last edit: 5 years 3 days ago by Ron Kramer.
5 years 4 days ago #36937
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 139
That looks pretty good to me Ron.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Kramer
5 years 4 days ago #36938

• Thank you received: 53
but it took me 2+ hours for this to happen. I have a feeling - that next time I click GUIDE it will mess up again but we'll see. MONDAY is suppose to be clear again. If I click guide and it starts in this area I'd be thrilled.

YES Jasem, I replied to you! thanks.

Are the proportional gain area settings (one left and one right) of the graph are those RA and DEC settings? Is that why there are two?
any explanation of what they mean? in PHD - I understand aggression and min move.
AP Mach1 / CP4 APCC & PEMpro.
EXP SCI - ED152cf APO - Celestron 11" RASA - Stellarvue 80mm
Baader F2 HS NB filters, Lodestar X2 guide camera / OAG - ZWO 290mm mini
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro / ASI174M (solar) / ASI094MC
NEXDome, CLoudwatcher, AVX mount/ASIair and Stellarmate

Last edit: 5 years 3 days ago by Ron Kramer.
5 years 3 days ago #36946

Time to create page: 0.580 seconds