INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

For New Users: What is INDI, Kstars/Ekos and Why Do You Want or Need This?

• Thank you received: 31
Thank you, I did indeed write this well before the Rpi4 was released.

Running Kstars/Ekos on a client machine (pc or Mac) is the preferred, best performance way. INDI server is pretty light weight, an Rpi 4 can easily handle it, in fact the Rpi4 can run Kstar/Ekos "decently" at the same time too, but running Kstar/Ekos on a client PC GREATLY improves performance. Personally, for best reliability and performance, I've found the best is to run only iINDI server on the Rpi and network Rpi4 via Gigabit Ethernet to a WiFi router at the scope, then go WiFi to the router from a laptop. I've had ZERO drops doing this and 18MB image downloads (from an ASI533MC Pro) consistently in under two seconds.

I had ZERO Linux experience and I found it easy. But I am a PC geek and very computer literate. YMMV.

Ekos IS VERY full-featured and therefore rather complex - a lot to learn. There's just no getting around that.
3 years 7 months ago #58345

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jabian, this is NOT a professional forum. Please lower your standards accordingly. If one is expected to "maintain" a post - and a typical person online posts hundreds and even thousands of posts per year - no one would ever post anything. I am NOT a contributor to Stellarmate in ANY way, just a user and sometimes (when it works) fan, I thought that was obvious. That said, I'm am once again experimenting with Stellarmate (on an RPi4) after leaving for nearly a year while experimenting with N.I.N.A. - I've yet to find the perfect piece of software - surely the Achilles heal of this hobby!! SM has many features I prefer over other systems, yet in the end, stability was always a major problem for me. I'm hoping the latest version is improved in that department. Time permitting, I will see if I can update the post a bit with my latest observations using Stellarmate 1.5.3.
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Tom Bardenwerper.
3 years 7 months ago #58346

For anyone interested, I just updated the article, hopefully clarifying several things, adding my most recent experiences/observations and tips - especially with networking and reliability. I hope some will find it helpful!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, DaveDurant
3 years 7 months ago #58947

Time to create page: 0.589 seconds