INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Would an IndiServer Startup Script Work?

• Thank you received: 31
I am using two RPIs in distributed networking to split the computing load for my imaging and guiding. I have it working well. However, after my PIs have booted, I need to log into each PI, launch a terminal, and key-in the commands into each PI to start Indi Server and also network from the primary to the secondary PI. Would a start-up script work so I don't have to waste valuable time each time I set-up my rig? OR, is there a way I can write a script and have it sitting on the desktop (as an icon) so I can simply double click on it to run it? ...FYI: I'm pretty much a Linux noob, but have an IT background, so if I'm pointed in the right direction, I can usually make it happen.

Here's the set-up:

Two RPIs, the Primary is called guide, the secondary is called camera, each has a dedicated IP address on an isolated/dedicated network just for my AP rig. The PIs names have been added to the hosts file on each PI and my laptop that runs Kstarts/Ekos.

Step one is to start the camera server on the secondary PI, here is the command I use:
indiserver -v indi_gphoto_ccd

Step two is to start the guide server and connect to the camera server on the Primary PI, here is the command I use:
indiserver "GPhoto CCD"@camera:7624 indi_ieq_telescope indi_qhy_ccd

It is those two commands that would comprise the scripts: one on each PI. Would this work and if so, what's the best way to do it? The ideal solution would be for a seamless boot-up, where I never even have to log into either of the PIs, but again, I'm not sure that's possible...???

Thanks!

Tom
4 years 11 months ago #37423

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 53
Just install INDI Web Manager on each Pi. It will start automatically and you can configure profiles with different sets of drivers, autostart one of the profiles and manage it via a web browser from your client
www.indilib.org/support/tutorials/162-indi-web-manager.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
4 years 11 months ago #37429

• Thank you received: 31
That's fine for one PI, but not two, running distributed. You have to start the servers manually from the terminal, which is what I'm trying to speed up / automate.
4 years 11 months ago #37430

Why not? You can specify in Pi#2 remote driver field "GPhoto CCD"@camera:7624

The only thing you need to guarantee is that Pi#1 boots and is running before Pi#2
4 years 11 months ago #37436

Time to create page: 0.417 seconds