INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Just ordered two ODroid-C1 !!

It looks like the RasperryPI is facing stiff competition, I was browsing reddit when I found $35 ODroid-C1 . It took me only a few minutes to order two complete kits (with Ubuntu 14.04 on 8GB SD card)!

Here are some specs:

Why would anyone order RPi after this? Of course, let's see how it fairs once I receive it! The RPi has been doing fine and been running like a champ for the last two weeks in my home observatory, but I couldn't stop myself, and given that I ordered Banana PIs before... looks like I'm becoming a single-board PC hoarder :P
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
9 years 4 months ago #2330

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
Damn it! Where it was when I was ordering my Banana Pi?! :S How much is the shipping btw? In any case there is not that much to regret - I got my Banana Pi for 41.80$ with shipping included, with possibility to connect my spare 2.5" SATA HDD directly to board. Of course I had to buy and a SATA cable... Btw, there is a nice enclosure for Banana Pi which I am going to print: www.thingiverse.com/thing:460603/ :)
There is one reason to buy RPi for astronomy - its camera. With latest firmware it is possible to take long exposures (minutes) and take a video at VGA@90fps.
Btw, I am also a SBPC hoarder - I already own 3 RPi (A + B + B+) and a Banana Pi will arrive in a few days :lol: And I think I will buy an Odroid-C1 B)

P.S. Please fix your link - it contains " at the end ;)
9 years 4 months ago #2343

• Thank you received: 174
My Odroid C1 just arrived and I have a mixed feelings. Device is reseting every time I touch the power cable, it can't be powered over USB, WiFi is loosing connection every couple of minutes... etc.

It is much better (and much cheaper) than TrimSlice I bought before but still far from being perfect or even usable for astronomy :-(
9 years 3 months ago #2463

I also just received mine today but they forgot to ship the SD cards and even with my 8GB microSD card with their Ubuntu 14.04 it's not working... will report once I have something functional :(
9 years 3 months ago #2464

• Thank you received: 95

Replied by Oleg on topic Just ordered two ODroid-C1 !!

Do you have any 8-32 GB microSD?
On the other hand, you can try install the Ubuntu 14.04 on 8-32 GB USB flash drive and run it on your ODroid-C1.
You can try my open project Astronomy Linux
9 years 3 months ago #2466

INDI is compiled and Odroid tested with Atik Titan, Atik One and SX Lodestar. Seems to work with all of them...

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Peter Polakovic.
9 years 3 months ago #2468
Attachments:

So I got it working now and INDI was compiled, but it seems the wireless connection is not stable. I will put it to the test tonight and see how it fares. It is however a LOT faster than RPi.
9 years 3 months ago #2479

Which wi-fi adapter do you use?
9 years 3 months ago #2480

This one from HardKernel.
9 years 3 months ago #2481

I have two wi-fi adapters:
1. 150Mbps Wireless N Nano USB Adapter TL-WN725N www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?cat...=243&model=TL-WN725N
2. 150Mbps High Gain Wireless USB Adapter TL-WN722NC www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?cat...id=&model=TL-WN722NC

The wireless connection with TL-WN725N is not stable.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Oleg.
9 years 3 months ago #2482

I have this one and have the same problem :-(
9 years 3 months ago #2483

Peter, I noticed today that my QSI now takes around 5-6 minutes to download ONE frame whereas it took 30 seconds maximum on the RPi, are you seeing any issues with downloading data from the CCD?

Also, the wireless was totally worthless, I had to use Ethernet.
9 years 3 months ago #2500

Time to create page: 1.835 seconds