INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Just ordered two ODroid-C1 !!

• Thank you received: 223
I use a mac book air and a mini to run Kstars in a VM: that works perfectly fine.
I use the Odroid-C1 to run the indi servers and that too works also fine.
9 years 1 month ago #3085

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The new Raspi might be a tad faster than the old one but once you've been on the eMMC of the Odroid.... it's like upgrading your laptop hard drive to an SSD...
9 years 1 month ago #3086

I think that's a common way to do it. I have the C1 as well and it worked fine but for some reason there was an issue with USB download speeds from my QSI CCD, so I switched back to the RPi until that issue (most likely kernel driver for their usb stuff) is addressed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John
9 years 1 month ago #3089

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by Pepe on topic Just ordered two ODroid-C1 !!

Hi,

I'd like to follow up on Max's question.

I have seen projects like iAstrohub and tinyastro that are based on TV sticks. These solutions are complete in a sense that all computing is done on a single device only. A tablet, for example, is used to connect to the stick via remote control.

What I like about iAstrohub, for example, is that I only need to turn on my computer or tablet for configuration or control and have the stick do everything else. Most of the time only the stick is running which reduces the need for external power in the field a lot. From my understanding tinyastro does something similar but using Kstars and Ekos (see www.cloudynights.com/topic/463828-tinyas...pc-astrophotography/).

I learned that the earlier Pi's were used as kind of an interface at the telescope connecting all the pieces together and provide communication to a PC. However, communication between the Pi as Indi server to Kstars as client had to be active all the time. In a way the pi was not not an autonomus unit.

Is my understanding correct?

If so, do you think that the ODroid-C1 (or any similar unit) would be powerful enough to host the complete Ekos-Indi system? This way I could again use a tablet or PC only at times where needed and else have it turned off to save power.

Thanks for your help!

CS
Stephan
9 years 1 month ago #3099

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by John on topic Just ordered two ODroid-C1 !!

I didn't think much had changed on the Kernal USB side for some time other than maybe device recognition. Does anyone know what version each board uses?

John
-
9 years 1 month ago #3101

I think you might want to look at the odroid-u3 or odroid-xu3 if you want to run the full Ubuntu desktop on it with Kstars/Ekos.
9 years 1 month ago #3106

Time to create page: 0.938 seconds