INDI Library v1.8.5 Released (19 Apr 2020)

April 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.5 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

KStars/Ekos windows client crashes with no reason

1 year 1 month ago
maxthebuilder
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Topic Author
KStars/Ekos windows client crashes with no reason #37545
Hello,
Some days it goes without a problem but often KStars just crashes after a few frames.
This kind of crash comes out of the blue when everything was set, aligned and fine.
A sequence was defined and shooting was started.

Tonight it crashed after 33x60 sec frames. While I was away from my Windows desktop.
Good thing is that when I restarted - it remembered everything. I just needed to recalibrate/restart autoguiding and after that it was ready to continue shooting.

Now it's on the 82nd frame out of 90. I guess, it won't be crashing anymore tonight even though I am actively using this PC (typing this post, doing my taxes in TurboTax, etc).

Just sharing my experiences,
Thanks!

Max S.
RPI 3 B+ with ABerry and RPI 4 B (4Gb) with SMate.
Nikon D5500 H-a modified. 180 mm f/2.8 antique Nikon. Tamron AF 28-75mm f/2.8. Rokinon 135mm f/2.
AT72EDII.
ZWO ASI294MC Pro
ZWO ASI120MC-S on ZWO 30F4 MiniScope.
SW AZ-GTi.
SW HEQ5.
iOptron SkyTracker Pro.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 1 month ago 1 year 1 month ago by maxthebuilder.
maxthebuilder
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Topic Author
KStars/Ekos windows client crashes with no reason #37644
Last night I tried 100% mobile setup - everything was running on RPI (Stellarmate with a recent nightly). 10" HDMI monitor, keyboard and mouse also connected to RPI.
All went exceptionally well - polar alignment worked as it should (no "refresh" problem as with the Windows client), autoguiding worked great (struggled to calibrate it, but once calibrated it was perfect) . Plate solving was fast. No crashes.
Happy. Thank you!
Attaching the result - Pinwheel. 120 x 60 sec, gain 150 + 60 x 120 sec, gain 200 - 4 hours total exposure. ZWO ASI294MC Pro @ -10C. With Optolong L-Pro filter. Very light polluted location.
Tomorrow, I will go to a remote and darker place - hopefully it will work there too (never tried my setup away from home yet).

Max S.
RPI 3 B+ with ABerry and RPI 4 B (4Gb) with SMate.
Nikon D5500 H-a modified. 180 mm f/2.8 antique Nikon. Tamron AF 28-75mm f/2.8. Rokinon 135mm f/2.
AT72EDII.
ZWO ASI294MC Pro
ZWO ASI120MC-S on ZWO 30F4 MiniScope.
SW AZ-GTi.
SW HEQ5.
iOptron SkyTracker Pro.
Attachments:

1 year 1 month ago
wvreeven
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
KStars/Ekos windows client crashes with no reason #37646
Good to see you have your mobile setup working now. Congrats on this great result!

Clear skies, Wouter

ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro
ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R

1 year 1 month ago
starman345
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
KStars/Ekos windows client crashes with no reason #37651
Lovely image Max.

-Brian

Kstars-Ekos-INDIE
NanoPC-T4 - Armbian Ubuntu 18.04
iOptron CEM25P mount
Photoline 80mm triplet
ZWO ASI294MC Pro Imaging camera
ZWO ASI290MM mini Guide camera

Time to create page: 0.251 seconds