INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

DISPITE AWESOME GUIDING TONIGHT

• Thank you received: 53
I didn't get anything productive done.
I spent the entire night ENTERING IN VALUES that I've entered in 500 times before! They are NOT RETAINED.
I recorded my night (screen capture) Probably 3-4 hours if anyone cares to watch MY typical night with Kstars/Ekos. I'd be happy to share it.

Guiding (since) I figured out the settings (and the manual was of no value) has been so good it hasnt' gone above .35 RMS for the past 2 hours.
WOW NICE! (Jasem told me keep min at 100) no... my min needs to be around 10-20 ! My recommended setting for 1.0 guide rate was 66.6 In reality - I had it set to 233 !

FOCUS says I'm HDR of 1.5 and there abouts and I'm NOT IN FOCUS. All my subs are junk.

I set camera extra for 30. And next time I look at a BLACK SUB my exposure is at 1 second. REALLY?

I then enter settings for guiding over 90 minutes of tweaking and - VOILA... they change. (the camera changes from the guide camera to my primary_ my primary camera changes from primary to the guide camera.
The entire night I am RE=ENTERING DATA. I had my guide settings all tuned in. It crashed and ALL MY GUIDE SETTINGS WERE GONE. (back to defaults) I had to enter them all in again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's SO FRUSTRATING. I'm gonna pull my hair out.

I enter 1000 steps for focus. 5 minutes later its at 200 steps. I enter it back to 1000 steps, 5 minutes later it's at 200 steps. I have put 1000 steps into the box at least 50 times.
I dunno how much more I can take.

I have entered my name in as the OBSERVER 90 times. I'm going to bed. 3-4 hours and not a single sub of value.

Wanna see my video? you can count how many time I have to move the windows into postion because they're not retained. Hitting the hay - I have to get a break from this.
AP Mach1 / CP4 APCC & PEMpro.
EXP SCI - ED152cf APO - Celestron 11" RASA - Stellarvue 80mm
Baader F2 HS NB filters, Lodestar X2 guide camera / OAG - ZWO 290mm mini
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro / ASI174M (solar) / ASI094MC
NEXDome, CLoudwatcher, AVX mount/ASIair and Stellarmate

Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Ron Kramer.
4 years 11 months ago #38036

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

AUUUHG I'm trying to shut down to go to bed - I click PARK and it doesn't know where PARK is. I have entered my park position 6 DOZEN TIMES!
I just want PARK3 when I click PARK. NOTHING ELSE. Just park 3.

4 years 11 months ago #38038

• Thank you received: 140
You have something seriously wrong with your software by the sound of it...
I wish I could shed some light for you, did you save logs for the evening as I am sure @Knro will help..
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by AstroNerd.
4 years 11 months ago #38055

YEAH but did you see my guiding! = ) All While I'm entering in camera temp, exposure changes and selecting the proper camera I was getting under .36 for 2 hours straight. It was a beautiful sight.

I'm gonna call it up and slowly go over all driver settings and see if that helps. For example when I boot and go to use the software default primary is 1 second exposure. (the driver has a exposure setting - I don't know why?) maybe it's the default.
I'll slowly go over everything.

I THINK my focus issue may be I just swapped out the APO for the RASA and I put a new adjustable extension tube in and it might be my spacing is off a bit.

Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Ron Kramer.
4 years 11 months ago #38070

I slowly went over all driver setup settings.
I then went into guiding and plate solving and cameras and set all the settings as I want them.

Closed - opened the program. Some settings stayed - important ones didn't.

This isn't all that big of a deal - unless you crash (which I do 3-4 times a night) upon re-running and REPLACING windows again and trying to resume where I left off... I then find problems because my settings were not retained. I change them and resume only to find more settings are not saved and I have to stop and edit another area. I spent my entire night editing settings OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

So CALMLY I set them. In case they're lost in a crash - I set them all and shut down properly. Reloaded and - settings lost or changed.
Here are JUST 2 EXAMPLES.

4 years 11 months ago #38072
Attachments:

More in the drivers settings.

just 2 examples. THERE ARE MORE

4 years 11 months ago #38073
Attachments:

Ok, let me clarify a few things:

1. The observer info are only set in the driver if you capture an image from <strong>Capture Module</strong>. So The 1600MM would have this info, but they're not set in the guide camera (unless you capture from the guide camera in the capture module, then there values are set). You probably want this information in the images you <strong>capture and save</strong>, not the guide images that are never saved.
2. The Snoop devices is fine, you only care about what <strong>SET</strong> which are the values on the <strong>LEFT</strong> side. You shouldn't care at about what's on the right side.. now if you click <strong>SET</strong> there, sure then the <strong>default</strong> values would be copied, but the right values are already restored just fine there. So just leave them it's OK and correct.
3. The capture settings are never saved. This is by design. To save them, you need to <strong>Save a Sequence</strong> file. Then once you load the sequence, all your settings are back.
Actually, all these settings are saved once you click Start Sequence (the play icon). And they should be restored on the next time you run KStars. I fixed a few issues with them.
4. The gain and step size setting should be saved, I'll check that out. Fixed gain now.
5. All guide settings are saved once you start guiding.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Kramer
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
4 years 11 months ago #38080

ah that's true (guider doesn't need it) I wasn't really paying attention to the need. More that the driver asks for the information and it's not retained.
It's not retained in the imaging camera driver either. This info is usually passed into the fits header.

I know the left side - but they are changing on the left. Let me go look.

FOCUS simulator is not put I put in there, I put my focuser driver in there.
Also SQM is not what I put in there, I put Weather Watcher in there.

Give it time and the other 2 devices will vanish too. I had just entered them in and saved and was noting two are already gone.

The driver info isn't that big of a deal. The Guiding and Camera info in Ekos is the real frustration. (I just guess when it asks for info and I put it in there, it should stay).

Step size drive me batty. My APO liked 200 I think I set that, the RASA is much more fine and needs about 1000. I keep putting in 1000 and when focus doesn't work I look and its set to 200.
Same with Gain - if I'm use a HA filter during focus I have to boost the gain so as not to have long exposures). I may add a lum (as this is just a S H O wheel for the rasa). but if I add a lum I don't know if it will be parfocal to the baader high speed NB anyway.
So I just started focusing and plate solving with a boosted gain Ha filter and worked fine... until gain vanished. = )

I think I fixed my focus issues - (it said was in focus - but wasn't). Not sure why it had such low HFR - but I checked my back focus and it was off if I'm measuring from the right spot.

thanks. Will see it it goes maybe tonight again.
luckily not much for my to target of interest right now so I don't mind working out the kinks for another month.

4 years 11 months ago #38084

I'm fixing other settings, so wait until next nightly please.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Kramer
4 years 11 months ago #38087

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds