INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Optec TCF-S3 broken

• Thank you received: 12
Hi, updated KStarts/Ekos/Indi yesterday from the stellermate repos and now my Optec TCS-S3 focuser operation is broken. It was maybe a year since my last update so that's unfortunate as it seems quite a few changes. Very basic operation is broken, it seems to operate in relative mode only, and in only a single direction . I've attached a log with just the focuser in the profile. Connected the focuser and tried to do an absolute move to 1000 from the driver control panel. It does a +1000 relative move to 6200 from its original position of 5200.

I fired on an old version on my mac, 2.9.6 vs 3.2.2 on ubuntu. It worked fine, enclosed is the log for that as well. The absolute/relative behavior seems to be the root of the problem.
David
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by DAVID J EISENLORD.
4 years 11 months ago #39052
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Optec TCF-S3 broken

Thank you for the report. Can you please try the INDI nightly later tonight and submit the logs again? The TCFS driver version should be v0.2 (you can verify that in the connection tab.
4 years 11 months ago #39063

Seems inoperable now. Waited 15+ min for maybe a time out, didn't get one. In looking at the logs I don't understand the new calls and responses having to do with temperature and "Mode 1". I'm suppose to be in manual mode, just commanding position, nothing to do with temp. Log attached.

Version verified.

Thanks
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by DAVID J EISENLORD.
4 years 11 months ago #39097
Attachments:

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Optec TCF-S3 broken

Ok looks like temperature readout failure affects this. So I've updated to version 0.3 to take care of it. Please try again later tonight or compile directly from Github.
4 years 11 months ago #39102

Jasem, you are the MAN. It's working fine now for me. When we ever get clear skies I'll try some real focusing but it seems to behave well now.

Question, is there a simple way for me to know when this will make it into the stable repos?

Thanks again,
David
4 years 11 months ago #39117

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds