INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Mac + QHY9 + CFW2-S + SW EQ6R-Pro: No funciona

• Thank you received: 0
Es primera vez que intento usar Ekos (lo intento hace 5 meses...). Me pareció muy bueno cuando vi los videos en YouTube, pero... NO FUNCIONA, lo que es MUY frustrante; mi caso: descargué la aplicación para Mac y lo que ocurre con mi equipo es lo siguiente:

1) Con la cámara QHY9, no controla la temperatura; por defecto la deja funcionando al 100%, lo que es peligroso para la cámara
2) Con la rueda de filtros QHY CFW2-S, no hace girar el carrusel (no logra hacer cambios de filtro)
3) Con la montura SW EQ6R-Pro no se conecta

Pueden ayudarme? Tengo plena confianza en que lo podrán solucionar, pero para mí el tiempo apremia, porque me voy al Valle del Elqui (Chile), en 2 semanas a usar mi nueva configuración... Será que mi solución (cosa que no quiero, porque no tengo Windows) es usar ASCOM?
Hice la consulta a QHY pero ellos dicen que INDI debe solucionarlo (según el técnico de QHY que usó remotamente mi configuración, enviaría la consulta a INDI)

If you do not speak Spanish, I can make an effort and continue in English

Saludos y espero su ayuda!!!!!!
4 years 10 months ago #39486

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

After I uninstall and instal again Kstars, I can control the mount, but still I can`t control the filter wheel and the temperature of the camera....
4 years 10 months ago #39537

• Thank you received: 812
Hello,

For the QHY camera, I believe the cooler not being adjusted properly is a known issue. There were some threads on this forum awhile back. I’m not sure if that was due to an issue in qhy’s Library or the INDI driver but I think it was QHY’s bug. I can check with Jasem for you.

I don’t know about the filter wheel issue.

For the EQ mount, you need to connect to it properly. Are you using the EQ direct cable ? Are you using the EQMOD INDI driver?

Also note that I am about to release a new DMG for Mac version 3.2.3. Which version are you using ?

Thanks,

Rob
4 years 10 months ago #39539

Thanks for the answer. Im using version 3.2.2. Im not find the 3.2.3. Could you send me a link?
4 years 10 months ago #39540

Yes, that is because I haven’t uploaded it yet :-) but I plan to do that this evening.
4 years 10 months ago #39541

4 years 10 months ago #39544

4 years 10 months ago #39553

You need to submit the logs. Check my signature for how.

If I recall correctly, QHY9 is not properly supported yet by the SDK so you might have issues. You can contact QHY directly for information on this issue.
4 years 10 months ago #39601

Thanks! I will try the 3.2.3 and comment.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Rodrigo González Valderrama.
4 years 10 months ago #39610

I can`t open the 3.2.3.

Thanks for your time!

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

4 years 10 months ago #39612
Attachments:

You need to submit the logs. Check my signature for how.
If I recall correctly, QHY9 is not properly supported yet by the SDK so you might have issues. You can contact QHY directly for information on this issue.

I attached the logs of the issue of the temperature control. I will attach the CFW issue in other Subject, to make some more easy to find.

I asked QHY support and they said they will fixit (when?), but if I know how to compile INDI I can solve the problem temporary... I don`t kown how to compile... Here the message:

"Hi, About QHY9 cooler issue,this is because of SDK,we will solve it.And if you know how to compile INDI,you can use SDK(20190228) to recompile it,this can solve your issue temporary. About CFW issue,I will checkt in my side first,and do you test it on Windows? Best Regards, QinXiaoXu"

I will continue with de CFW issue in other Subject

File Attachment:

File Name: log_20-29-48.txt
File Size:61 KB
4 years 10 months ago #39614
Attachments:

You didn't try to double click Kstars in the disk image did you? Did you drag it to applications and then try to open it from there? When did the crash occur?

The apple crash logs are not extremely useful because they don't tell us what was going on in the program when the crash occurred. What you want are the logs inside Kstars like the file that you submitted. And also if you know that something in particular is causing the crash, like if you are running alignments, or using the mount, or using the focus routine, then check those in the log options.
4 years 10 months ago #39616

Time to create page: 0.593 seconds